Submit Applications for Representation and Promotion Component in Canada
Deadline: 22 May 2019
Applications are open for Representation and Promotion component that funds travel linked to the international promotion of Canadian artists and artistic works.
Grants are available for registered or incorporated Canadian artsorganizations to represent Canadian artists and develop their presence internationally, and establish a place for Canadian arts practice in the global arts market. Grants are also available to foreign arts organizations that invite Canadian artists to present artistic works and to Canadian arts organizations that bring international buyers to Canada.
Individuals who are Deaf or who have disabilities, including those living with mental illness, and require accommodation at any stage of the application process may be eligible for additional assistance.
- Travel must be outside of Canada, at least 500 kilometers from their place of departure. Applicants can apply for single or several destinations within 1 trip and for multiple trips within 1 application, to:
- Formally represent and promote Canadian artists (i.e. through a contractual relationship).
- Build on an existing tour (for artists’ representatives only).
- Bring international buyers to Canada.
- Lead a Canadian delegation abroad.
- Applicants can’t apply for activities that occur before the deadline date, those that receive funding from another Canada Council program or those on the general list of ineligible activities.
Travel costs generally based on fixed amounts, up to $30000.
- Transportation costs generally based on fixed amounts
- Accommodation and per diem, up to 5 days per trip
- Additional shipping or baggage costs directly related to their activity, up to $2 500
- Conference fees and booth rental costs for market development events
- Types of potential applicants to this component include:
- Support groups, organizations and shared platforms.
- National arts service organizations.
- Festivals, presenters and touring networks.
- Book and magazine publishers.
- Agencies, management service organizations and art dealers.
- International literary, media arts and visual arts festivals.
- Applicants eligibility to apply to this component is determined by the validated profile created in the portal.
- Organizations presently receiving core (operating) grants can apply to this component.
How to apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://canadacouncil.ca/funding/grants/arts-abroad/representation-and-promotion