Submit Applications for Patagonia’s Japan Grant Programme!
Deadline: 30 April 2019
Applications are open for Patagonia’s Japan Grant Programme to support small-scale grassroots groups with direct action issues and groups working on multiple campaigns to protect and restore the natural environment.
Patagonia support groups rooted in the community trying to protect the habitats of the animals that remain in the area, and help protect one tree in the forest, a tributary of rivers, or endangered wildlife. They believe that individual battles are the most effective activities for raising more complex issues, especially biodiversity and ecosystem protection issues, to many people.
The amount of grant money is often in the range of 500,000 yen to 2 million yen.
Patagonia support the following groups:
- Be action-oriented
- Be measurable
- Engaging citizens and getting support
- Strategically working on targets and goals
- Focus on the root cause of the problem
- Achieving specific goals and goals that success can effectively measure
- Of the countries in which Patagonia operates, the following domestically active groups are: America, Canada, Japan, Korea, Australia, Chile, Argentina, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Germany, France, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, Czech Republic
- Applicant’s organization must be operated for the public good.
- Applicant’s organization must have charitable status in the country in which their organization is located, or have a fiscal sponsor with such status. Please note that Patagonia does not require international organizations to have U.S. 501(c)(3) status or a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) status.
- Applicant’s organization, or their fiscal sponsor, must have a bank account for business purposes in the name of their organization.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.patagonia.jp/grant-guidelines.html