Submit Applications for National Geographic Society’s Exploration Grant Program!
Deadline: 3 October 2018
National Geographic Society is seeking applications for its Exploration Grant which is a request for funding by an experienced project leader in the areas of conservation, education, research, storytelling, and technology.
Projects are typically funded for between US $10,000 and US $30,000.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old at the time they submit an application.
- National Geographic Society encourages applications from around the world. If applicants are planning to work outside of their home country, applicants must include the name and contact information for at least one local collaborator as a project team member in the application. Please note that the National Geographic Society does not assist with visas.
- Applicants may submit a proposal as the project leader for only one project at a time. However, applicants may be a project member or co-applicant on multiple grants simultaneously. Applicants must submit a final report and media from any previous grants for which applicants were the leader before applying to lead a new project.
- Organizations can apply for grants, but the person within the organization who will lead the project—not the institution—should be the applicant and will be expected to meet the requirements of the grant.
- Students should not submit in their advisor’s name. The individual responsible for carrying out the project should apply and write the application.
- Please Note: Applicants’ project does not take place in, nor they are a citizens of any restricted countries (mainland China or any comprehensive OFAC-sanctioned countries–North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Syria, southern Sudan, and the Crimea region controlled by Russia)
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Exploration Grant.