Market Coordinator- Senegal
À propos de l’offre d’emploi
Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
– Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders — also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
– Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) — we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
– Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
– Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment.
Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article (outdated)
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones.
While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously.
Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Co-ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
The Role (6-month contract with potential for extension)
As Market Coordinator, you will help Taptap Send solidify and accelerate its growth in Senegal.
The role offers the chance to work for an early-stage, high-growth startup where you will directly have an impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of people.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager for West Africa, you will work with telecoms and other key partners (e.g. fintechs, banks, central bank) to solidify existing and build new partnerships in Senegal.
You Will Support Growth And Business Development Efforts, Including
– Brainstorm on new opportunities and partnerships that can help us deliver on our value proposition in Senegal and West Africa more broadly.
– Conduct customer research with transfer senders and recipients on a regular basis across various phone and payment networks.
– Support implementation of growth and marketing actions on the ground.
– Recommend marketing and communication actions to build visibility in Senegal in collaboration with key partners.
– Visit periodically mobile money and cash pick-up locations across Senegal to understand and assess service performance and overall customer experience.
– Coordinate with the Network Performance team and liaise with partners to support service performance
– Hold various face to face meetings with key individuals.
– 1-3+ years in a high-growth environment or world-class firm
– ‘Right to work’ in Senegal and currently based in Dakar
– Willing to travel within Senegal periodically; also willing to travel in the sub-region, e.g. Mali
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
– Fluent in English and French a requirement — any other local language an added advantage
Also, you are:
– Genuinely interested in others – you should love speaking to people and enjoy building relationships with customers and community members across cultures
– Solution-oriented – we are an early-stage startup with an “impact-first” philosophy and a lot to be done. You are wired to look for ways to overturn objections and identify creative approaches to remove bottlenecks.
– Self-driven – you have strong workflow management and prioritization skills. The role is unstructured and will require you to work with autonomy,
– Competitive pay
– Flexible hours
– Regular team events with the team
– No formal dress code
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real – any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.