STDF: Inviting Applications for German-Egyptian Research Fund
Deadline: 15 June 2018
Science and Technology Development Fund is inviting applications for its German-Egyptian Research Fund with the aim of promoting bilateral research cooperation between the two countries in areas of mutual interest, grants are to be provided to give researchers – including young scientists – an opportunity to address new areas of scientific research.
Research results generated in these projects are to be developed into concrete applications. In addition, a further aim of the joint research fund is to help scientific networks to apply for funding under the EU’s HORIZON2020 Research Programme or under national funding schemes.
The aim of this fifth joint announcement is to fund and support joint innovative, application oriented research projects. Applicants are particularly encouraged to submit proposals in the following fields:
- Agricultural Research and Natural Resource Management (including Water Resources,
- Food Production and Food Safety)
- Renewable Energy
- Material Sciences and Engineering
- Health Sciences
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Urban Planning (including Transportation resp. Traffic Planning and Management)
- The maximum total budget is € 200,000 per joint project.
- The maximum duration of a project is 24 months.
German-Egyptian research teams based at public or non-public Egyptian and German research organizations, public or non-public institutions of higher education, non-university research institutions or commercial companies, particularly small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), and non-governmental and civil society organizations are eligible for funding .
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: German and Egypt