State Essentials for Childhood Initiative: Implementation of Strategies and Approaches for Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention
Deadline: 18 June 2018
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has announced a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for “State Essentials for Childhood Initiative: Implementation of Strategies and Approaches for Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention”, designed to address state-specific needs related to the urgent public health problem of Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN).
The purpose of this NOFO is to decrease CAN risk factors and increase CAN protective factors by leveraging multi-sector partnerships and resources to improve coordination and implementation of comprehensive CAN prevention efforts across states. As a result, there will be increased awareness of societal factors that lead to safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments; and increased evidence related to population-based approaches of CAN prevention that will also help close the gap of the inequitable burden of CAN.
Proposed program activities will lead to formalized and sustainable systems change and increased alignment efforts of various initiatives and partnerships geared toward state planning activities.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $7,750,000
- Award Ceiling: $311,000
- Award Floor: $200,000
- State governments or their bona fide agents (includes the District of Columbia)
- Local governments or their bona fide agents
- Territorial governments or their bona fide agents in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the
Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau.
- State controlled institutions of higher education
- American Indian or Alaska Native tribal governments (federally recognized or state-recognized)
- Cost sharing or matching funds are not required for this program. Although no statutory matching requirement for this NOFO exists, leveraging other resources and related ongoing efforts to promote sustainability is strongly encouraged.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Palau