|Speak Up Africa recrute 01 Strategic Communications Manager|
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||22 Avril 2021|
Description de l’offre
Strategic Communications Manager
• Mid-level, Full-time staff position
• Posted on 23 March 2021
• Speak Up Africa
• Dakar, Senegal
• Closing on 22 April 2021
Under the supervision of the Director of Strategic Operations, the Strategic Communications Manager shall be responsible for leading and managing the implementation of Speak Up Africa’s external and internal communication and media strategies, including special projects and support to the RBM Partnership to End Malaria Strategic Communications Steering Committee. More specifically, the Strategic Communications Manager will coordinate:
– Speak Up Africa’s communications strategy and outreach:
– Lead communication and outreach initiatives and planning, working closely with the management leadership, the programs and Strategic Communications teams.
– Develop a strong understanding of programmatic and organizational advocacy communications goals and strategies, and ensure they are integrated into communications and outreach activities.
– Identify, research, and create useful and engaging content for target audiences on Speak Up Africa key focus areas.
– Develop overall champions’ engagement strategy for the organization and manage champions engagement and relations.
– Media relations and strategy:
– In partnership with Speak Up Africa’s press relations agency:
– Lead the organization’s media strategy.
– Build strategic partnerships with media outlets, at least one top-tier anglophone and one top-tier francophone per year.
– Oversee liaison with media contacts at national, regional and international level including the Speak Up Africa WhatsApp media group.
– Oversee the implementation of Speak Up Africa’s « Lines of Impact » project.
– Website: Coordinate with Speak Up Africa’s press relations agency to update and drive traction to Speak Up Africa’s website and campaign platforms.
– Social media: Elaborate social media strategy and overall content for Speak Up Africa’s platforms, ensuring growth of audience and engagement and tracking analytics/creating reports detailing successes and failures of online communications campaigns.
– Archives: In collaboration with the Creative Content Manager and team, oversee Speak Up Africa archives system to maintain digital media archives including photos, videos and waivers.
– Knowledge management: Capitalize and establish lessons learned on internal and external communications.
– Special projects:
– Africa Young Innovators Award for Health: Coordinate and implement the Africa Young Innovators Award for Health activities and communications outreach.
– African Voices of Science: Support the implementation and programmatic goals of the project.
– Speak Up Africa Youth Council: Develop and lead the launch and implementation of the Speak Up Africa Youth Council including activations and outreach.
– Strategic partnerships:
– Confederation of African Football, Basketball African League, Special Olympics and Organization of African First Ladies: Develop and implement overall strategy including engagement plan, activations, content and strategic communications.
– Support to the RBM Partnership to End Malaria Strategic Communications Steering Committee:
– Support Speak Up Africa’s Executive Director through her role as Co-chair of the RBM Partnership’s Strategic Communications Steering Committee.
– Coordinate the creation and implementation of the RBM Partnership Youth Workstream.
– Liaise with Canal+ to develop inclusive communication strategy including content, activations and strategic communications.
– Liaise with the creative content manager to ensure the timely production of monthly communications report to track the progress of related activities as presented in Speak Up Africa’s annual work and annual communications plan.
– Liaise with the creative content manager and consultants to ensure the timely production of annual reports on issue areas including achievements, challenges and impact.
– Produce communications monthly report for Director of Strategic Operations to highlight accomplishments, explain any deviation from said annual plans, propose solutions and flag risks and obstacles.
– Outstanding article-writing and editing skills.
– A master’s degree in communications, public information, international development, or related field.
– Minimum three years of relevant experience, including experience in strategic communications.
– Ability to write story-driven content about complex technical subjects and projects that engages target audiences and enhances the organization’s image.
– Sensitivity to diverse audiences and demonstrated sound judgement about messaging.
– Ability to connect individual communications activities or products to higher-level strategies and goals.
– Working knowledge of uses and administration of popular social media outlets.
– Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team.
– Strong communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams.
– Developed understanding of needs of media and public audiences, preferably with NGO relevant approach.
– Strong organizational, synthesis, reporting and social media skills.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and the usual practice of desktop and electronic communication tools and software.
– Perfect command of English and French.
About the Organization
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, Speak Up Africa is a Policy and Advocacy Action Tank dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa.
Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers, that solutions are showcased and that every sector contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for sustainable development – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
All applications should be sent to email@example.com by April 22, 2021 with the subject line: Strategic Communications Manager Position