Spark Seed and Early-stage Grants 2019 for Women’s Organisations and Initiatives (Up to $5,000)
Deadline: June 1, 2019
Applications for the Spark Seed and Early-stage Grants 2019 for Women’s Organisations and Initiatives are open. Spark provides seed, early-stage grants to grassroots women’s organizations and initiatives working to advance gender equality and the rights of women and girls in their communities (globally and in their US chapter regions: New York Metro and San Francisco Bay Area).
Spark advances gender equality by engaging the next generation in accessible forms of philanthropy. They envision a world where gender equality exists. Where women lead solutions that impact them, gender norms are not the norm, and patriarchy is overturned.
- The average grant amount is $3,000-5,000 USD
You are eligible to apply, if your organization:
- Addresses root causes: They support organizations engaged in addressing the root causes of challenges that women and girls face, which can include but are not limited to gender norms, poverty, education, economic opportunities, and access to health resources.
- Meets an unmet need: They look for organizations that provide a service that is not currently available to women in that geographical area.
- Employs norm shifting and innovative solutions: They prioritize organizations that use creativity to improve lives while challenging traditional norms and approaches.
- Has leadership comprised primarily of local women: They specifically select organizations with leadership comprised of at least 50% of women from the community served.
- Has a budget under $150K: They want to make a difference with our $3-5K grant, therefore, we support only organizations with an annual operating budget under $150,000 USD.
In addition to meeting the criteria above, organizations with the following characteristics may be given priority.
- Belief in the Leader: As with most startup endeavors, Spark shows favorable consideration to strong, passionate, persevering leaders with qualities that make us believe they will make their initiative a reality.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Spark believes in funding organizations that are “taking a chance” to improve their local communities.
- First/Early Funder: Spark takes pride in being an early funder and being the “spark” for an organization to achieve long term success.
- Beyond the Dollar: We want to give more that just money, but have organizations tap into our pool of diverse talent.