SOS MEDITERRANEE recruits 01 operations audiovisual communication officer
SOS MEDITERRANEE is a civil European rescue association founded in 2015. Facing the humanitarian tragedy and the lack of adequate rescue capacity in the Mediterranean on the deadliest migratory route in the world, a group of European citizens created a maritime and humanitarian association in order to rescue persons in distress at sea, to protect and assist them, as well as to testify about the realities and many faces of migration.
Today, SOS MEDITERRANEE is a network composed of four national associations (Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland) sharing the same mandate. Search and Rescue (SAR) operations have been carried out since February 2016 in the Central Mediterranean off the Libyan coasts with the chartered ships Aquarius and Ocean Viking. To date over 35.000 people have been rescued by SOS MEDITERRANEE SOS.
SOS MEDITERRANEE is recruiting an audiovisual Communication Officer for its department of Operations. Based in Marseille, France, the audiovisual Communication Officer contributes to archiving and sharing the audiovisual content of the operations, as well as editing audiovisual content from the ongoing operations (videos, sounds, cover images) for the communication of the SOS MEDITERRANEE Operations department and the SOS MEDITERRANEE network (French, Swiss, German and Italian national associations), in a challenging, highly sensitive and quick evolving European environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
According to the priorities defined by the Operations Communications Manager and with the overall strategy of the operations, the Operations audiovisual communication Officer is responsible for various communication aspects of the SAR mission in the Central Mediterranean: editing content of the current operations, archiving and sharing the audiovisual content of the operations. He/she also supports the photographer on board and ensures the follow up of the audiovisual technical equipment on board the ship. He/she participates in the development of SOS MEDITERRANEE’s communication framework.
- Is the technical focal point on shore for the photographer on board
- Is in charge of the technical audiovisual communication equipment on board
- Oversees the collection of consent from survivors for audiovisual material collected on board and archives properly on shore
- Receives, archives, selects and shares audiovisual material and consent forms during the mission
- Edits b-roll for external media outlets
- Edits operations-related short video for external and internal communication
- Is the technical audiovisual focal point (for SOS MEDITERRANEE national associations and the operations department): advises & supports on audiovisual technics and productions
- Is responsible for the administration and management of the internal media library of SOS MEDITERRANEE
- Creates and edits audiovisual material (video, podcast audio, Graphic design etc.) for SOS MEDITERRANEE’s internal and external use: training platform, school awareness, other communication support
- Archives historical audiovisual material SOS MEDITERRANEE’s image base (photos and videos)
- Manages the audiovisual trainee (recruitment, follow-up, appraisal)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Expériences / Formation
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in audiovisual technologies or equivalent
- 3 or more years of professional experience with editing and script writing
- Excellent command in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite required (Première pro, Photoshop, Indesign, Acrobat, After Effect, Illustrator)
- Good knowledge of motion design & graphic design is an asset
- Good knowledge of photography and video shooting is an asset
- Mac environment
- Knowledge of the Office package (Word, Excel)
- Interest in social media and digital communication
- A good judgment of ethical aspects of communication, copyright and legal aspects
- Fluent in English written and spoken.
- Ability to cope with stress and to work within tight deadlines
- Teamwork, flexibility creativity and Flawless detail-orientation.
- Empathic and willing to support team members
- Committed to the vision, mission, and values of SOS
- Candidates must have work authorization in France.
Terms of contract:
- Contract: open-ended contract (CDI).
- Starting as soon as possible
- Position based in SOS MEDITERRANEE’s Operations Headquarters in Marseille, France.
- Occasional evenings and week-end work
Annual gross salary: according to SOS MEDITERRANEE’s salary grids and to the candidate’s professional experience.
Please send your application (CV and cover letter including a portfolio) in English no later than 06 June 2022 via email to email@example.com and indicate “Application Audiovisual communication Officer – OPS” as the subject of the email. Kindly note that no information will be given by telephone.
When you apply for a job, we collect and store your personal data within our recruitment department for the administrative management of applications and the recruitment process. The purpose of the information requested as a candidate for employment is to assess the professional qualities and skills of your application, to the exclusion of any other purpose. The legal basis for this processing is to obtain your consent and for pre- contractual measures for the employment contract. If your application is successful, this data will be kept for the duration of your contract. If your application is not successful, this data will be deleted immediately unless you advise us otherwise. In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978 and European regulations, you may access your personal data, rectify it, request its deletion or exercise your right to limit the processing of your data. You can request more information and exercise your rights at any time by contacting SOS MEDITERRANEE – France CS 20585 // 13205 Marseille Cedex 01 – France. firstname.lastname@example.org