SOS Children’s Villages Emergency is hiring 01 Programme Support Intern
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 27 Juin 2017
Description de l’offre
SOS Children’s Villages International is a global organisation established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages is working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of orphaned and vulnerable children. SOS Children’s Villages international works thorough member associations in over 133 countries worldwide.
The International Regional Office for West and Central Africa based in Dakar, Senegal directly supports member associations in 18 countries and is currently expanding its professional regional team. We are looking to recruit the following bi-lingual (French and English) staff: EMERGENCY PROGRAMME SUPPORT INTERN.
Working location: DAKAR, SENEGAL
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of renewal depending on funding)
Start date: immediate
SOS Children’s Village International IOR WCAF is looking for an Emergency Program Support Intern. He/she supports the Regional Emergency Team in the coordination of the emergency response programs in the affected National Association in Central and West African Region.
The Emergency Program Support Intern’s role is to support the WCAF Regional Emergency team in the monitoring, evaluation, coordination and communication of emergency projects in the region. The intern will work in close collaboration with the IOR-WCAF Regional Emergency Response Program Coordinator.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Provide administration and logistic support for the preparation of the regional emergency team’s field missions in collaboration with National Directors and Emergency Coordinators on the ground
• Monitor the timely and complete accomplishment of emergency program reports and situation reports by country teams
• Monitor humanitarian trends, including security issues, in the region and compile relevant information in a bi-monthly emergency situation report
• Provide administrative and logistic support for the organization of regional emergency network meetings
• Prepare power point presentations upon request
• Participate to internal/external meetings and take minutes
• Translate documents in French and English
• Provide ad-hoc support according to the needs of the regional emergency team
PROFILE & COMPETENCIES
• Has an understanding of technical aspects of emergency program activities
• Excellent writing and communication skills in French and in English
• Experience in solidarity projects and knowledge in child protection in emergency are assets
• Good knowledge on Microsoft Office, Power Point and Excel.
• Good interpersonal skills; is pro-active and capable of working independently in a multi-cultural environment
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application (CV+Cover letter IN ENGLISH) by 27 June 2017 at the latest :
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The position title (Emergency Program Support Intern) must be mentioned in the subject line
Coordonnées de l’offre