Apply for the Sony World Photography Awards 2018 (Total prize fund of $30,000)
Deadline: Varies by Category
Submit entries for the Sony World Photography Awards 2018. The Sony World Photography Awards celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2017, a decade-long partnership between Sony and the World Photography Organisation, bringing you one of the world’s leading photography competitions. They aim to showcase the best photography in the world from the past year.
The World Photography Organisation is a global platform for photography initiatives. Working across up to 180 countries, their aim is to raise the level of conversation around photography by celebrating the best imagery and photographers on the planet. They pride ourselves on building lasting relationships with both individual photographers as well as our industry-leading partners around the world.
- Professional – 10 categories, judged on a body of work (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 11, 2018);
- Open – 10 categories, rewarding the best single images (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 4, 2018). National Awards – Entries submitted to the Open competition are automatically entered into the National Awards based on nationality;
- Youth – for all photographers aged 12-19, a single image responding to one brief (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – January 4, 2018);
- Student Focus – for those studying photography (Deadline: 13:00 GMT – December 4, 2017)
Prizes & Benefits
- A total prize fund of $30,000 (USD) plus the latest Sony digital imaging equipment is shared between winning photographers. Photographers are taken on a year-long journey, bringing untold exposure and providing a global stage on which to present their work.
- Global exposure is given to not only the overall winners, but also to shortlisted and commended photographers. Recognised photographers can receive:
- Exhibition at Somerset House, London
- Potential to be included in international exhibitions
- Inclusion in the annual Sony World Photography Awards book
- Potential to work with Sony and other partners on a variety of projects
- Open to all photographers around the world