Solutions Journalism Network: Seeking Applications for Renewing Democracy Initiative
Deadline: 22 June 2018
Solutions Journalism Network is seeking applications for its Renewing Democracy initiative that will provide more than 100 grants through 2020 to U.S.-based reporters and news organizations to to support reporting on this topic.
Renewing Democracy encourages reporting about how people and institutions are attempting to reinvigorate democracy in communities across the country.
- Award winners will receive a $2,500 grant to produce their work.
Areas of Funding
Funding supports work in three broad areas:
- Civic agency and mobilization - Bottom-up community efforts to change the status quo or overcome social, political or economic conflicts.
- How the machinery of democracy works - Community initiatives to address voting, elections and political representation.
- Policy responses by public institutions - Federal, state and local agencies’ strategies to make government more transparent, efficient, equitable and accessible to the people it serves.
- Grants are open to reporters and news organizations based in the United States that embrace a solutions journalism approach and agree to participate in a Solutions Journalism Network online webinar.
- The first call for proposals targets individuals and organizations that are new to the network and have not received funding from the organisation.
- In this first round, up to 20 grants is planned to be awarded to diverse newsrooms and journalists across the country.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: U.S
For further information, please visit Solutions Journalism Network.