Since March 2018, NRC in DRC is leading a RRM Consortium called Reflex (Réponse Rapide Flexible) composed of NRC, Solidarites International and ACTED. This consortium is funded by ECHO to respond to new and/or forgotten crisis occurring in DRC to support affected communities to fill their essential needs mainly through Cash (or Voucher) Based Interventions. The consortium members are present in all the provinces of the East of DRC and can contractually be deployed to any other part of the Country if an emergency occurs.
NRC in DRC is an historical partner of RRMP in DRC and as such, is a main actor of the RRM Response in DRC and its evolution.
This position will be hosted NRC, which has been working in DRC since 2003. Although hosted by NRC, including in terms of organisational procedures such as logistics, finance and security, there will be a degree of separation and independence of the consortium manager and consortium management unit to ensure more equal representation of all consortium members.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate with consortium members to ensure high quality implementation of activities, compliance with donor and consortium rules, and accountability to beneficiaries
- Ensure effective coordination and communication among consortium members, steering and technical committees, programmatic and finance/support teams across partners, donors, and other stakeholders. Coordination is one of the key elements of the position.
- Recruit and manage consortium-specific staff, consultants and sub-contractors as needed to carry out activities.
- Responsible for all aspects of grant management including but not limited to submitting high-quality proposals to donors, financial and programmatic reporting, grant filing, partnership agreements, and sharing grant information (reports, proposals, agreements) with consortium members.
- Engage with advocacy actors to advance the objectives of the consortium and share information.
- Establish, capacitate, drive and empower consortium management unit, field coordination unit, and steering committee for the ECHO-funded Reflex Consortium
- Promote holistic ‘RRM’ solutions and strategies, within NRC, Reflex and the wider humanitarian community
Expériences / Formation
- Advanced university degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in senior project management and/or coordination for an international organisation with responsibility for programming in a humanitarian, conflict or post-conflict context; or equivalent; specific experiences and knowledge on Rapid Response Mechanism.
- Proven experience in project cycle management and grant management.
- Strong communication, inter-personal, facilitation and diplomatic skills, including the professional credibility to provide coordination and sometimes guidance to member organisations.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal, with strong writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge about RRM and Emergency Response in Food, Wash, Shelter/NFI, Protection, etc…
- Experience working with the ECHO, DFID, UNICEF, etc.
- Experience with external representation.
- Experience working in complex emergencies, volatile contexts.
- Experience working in DRC and knowledge of the context an asset.
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Strategic thinking
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Empowering and building trust
- Commencement: March 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Grade 9 in the NRC grade structure (see attached)
- Duty station: Goma with up to 20 % travels. Goma is a non-family posting. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location