Society for Neuroscience (SfN) Science Journalism Student Award 2018
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Society for Neuroscience (SfN) invites nominations for the 2018 Science Journalism Student Award. The Science Journalism Student Award enables students pursuing a science or medical journalism degree to attend the SfN annual meeting. Two awards are granted each year.
Recipients get complimentary meeting registration, four nights’ lodging, and $750 to help defray the expenses of attending the meeting. Additionally, recipients are assigned a mentor who is an experienced professional journalist covering the annual meeting. SfN makes every effort to pair awardees with a mentor based on mutual interests in print or broadcast journalism. SfN media staff are also available to advise award recipients how to navigate and report on the meeting.
- This award is open to both undergraduate and graduate students
- Students are enrolled in or have recently completed (within the past calendar year)
- formal education in science or medical journalism; or
- formal education in general journalism and can adequately demonstrate the intent to primarily cover science or medicine; or
- formal education in a scientific or medical field and can adequately demonstrate the intent to primarily cover science or medicine.
The following materials are required:
- Cover letter describing applicant’s career goals and how attending the meeting will help achieve them
- Resume or CV
- Two published clips, if available
- Letter of recommendation from an instructor or professor
Submit all materials in English to firstname.lastname@example.org