SNV recruits 01 Senior Intern Productive Use of Energy (PUE) – RBF Programme
Junior Intern Productive Use of Energy (PUE) – RBF Programme
Mwanza, TanzaniaInternContract type: Internships
Company DescriptionSNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Programme SummaryThe overall goal of SNV’s engagement in the Renewable Energy (RE) sector in Tanzania is to contribute to improve the livelihoods of the rural and peri-urban people by accelerating the dissemination and use of renewable energy products and services. SNV is the implementing agency for the Energising Development (EnDev) programme in Tanzania. The Tanzania country programme has been under implementation of SNV since 2013 with demonstrated growth in results achievements in both cooking and solar energy. The EnDev III Tanzania programme for the 2019-2022 period focuses on two key components: the development of markets and sustainable supply for improved cook stoves (ICS) as well as for the productive use of renewable energy. This role focuses on the productive use of renewable energy component – a results-based financing fund to accelerate the market for renewable energy productive use systems in Tanzania (RBF PU component).
Overview of the Position:SNV through this new project component is wishing to invite interested Tanzanians to work as a junior intern from November 2020 to March 2021 to assist on initiating the PUE project component in project implementation areas and facilitate support on various activities in core areas.
Responsibilities of the position:The Junior intern will regularly undertake the majority of retailer and consumer phone survey verification processes in PUE component (as outlined above) as well as support the project team in field based market assessments (including surveys and data collection). The roles of the Intern will be inclusive of, but not limited to, providing the following services upon the receipt of each claim submitted to SNV:
1. Retailer Verificationa. Overview of initial RBF Claim details (Retailer sales summary) from SNV
b. Receiving of random sample of Retailers identified for physical verification and phone verification
c. Conduct phone verification of the identified Retailers as per the tool and standards outline by SNV
2. Consumer Verificationa. Overview of initial RBF Claim details (Retailer sales summary) from TIB-SNV
b. Receiving of random sample of end-users/consumers identified for physical verification and phone verification
c. Conduct phone verification of the identified consumers as per the tool and standards outline by SNV
3. Claim Verification Reporta. Compile completed verification tools from both Retailer and consumer verifications as described above
b. Prepare a standard RBF Claim Verification summary report (of no more than 1-2 pages) indicating whether the claim is valid or invalid as per the thresholds as defined by TIB-SNV
c. Submit their RBF Claim Verification report to TIB-SNV
4. Undertake data collection/surveya. Familiarise with the data collection tool
b. Collect Data
c. Prepare back to office reports
5. Support Gender Integration Effortsa. Support RBF PU Component Manager, Technical Lead and Sector Leader to integrate gender into project activities
b. Provide support in general to the Sector Leader on Gender related efforts and networking
Requirements:· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Statistics, Sociology, Business Administration, Economics, Community/ Sustainable Development, Rural development, etc.)
· Track record of working on renewable energy related issues
Desired Skills and attitude:· Good research skills that involve data collection, cleaning, analysis, interpretation and report writing
· Analytical skills combined with a practical and pragmatic approach oriented towards lasting results.
· Strong interpersonal and influence skills and experience of working in a matrix organization.
· Good team player, pragmatic, negotiator with solution orientated approach
· Readiness to live, work and travel in rural districts with minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English and Kiswahili, including reporting and presentation skills.
· Ability to work comfortably and effectively with limited supervision, either at own initiative or under direction
Contract Type: Junior InternContract Duration: 5 months with possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: 1st November 2020
Information Duty Station: Mwanza
How to Apply:The vacancy is for Internal and External candidates and it will active up to 18th October 2020 and all application should be through Smart Recruiters on the following link https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SNVPOSTULER