Small Grants Program for Fighting against Infectious Diseases affecting Developing Countries
Deadline: 1 August 2019
The Fondation Mérieux is pleased to announce its small grants programme which contributes towards financing projects that aim to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. The projects including as beneficiaries mothers and children will be given priority.
The Mérieux Foundation, an independent family foundation with public interest status, is committed to fighting, in the field, the infectious diseases that affect developing countries by building capacities, particularly in clinical laboratories.
View Sample Proposals
Join Premium and gain access to thousands of Proposals from Successful Grantees
With its network of laboratories, the foundation’s work is focused on diagnosis, an essential aspect of patient care and an indispensable tool for disease surveillance and control. Taking a global health approach, the foundation also works in the field to help the most vulnerable, with a strong emphasis on mothers and children.
Selected projects will receive financial support of up to 5000 euros.
Customize Funding Alerts
Customize your email funding alerts based on your country and areas of work.
Eligibility Criteria for Organizations
- Registered with the authorities of the country
- Status of association under the law of 1901 or recognized as a public utility or equivalent status for foreign structures,
- Nonprofit and independent management,
- Exclusive mission of public interest in connection with the Mérieux Foundation’s mandate: fight against the infectious diseases the affects the most vulnerable populations in developing countries, especially mothers and children,
- Respect and sign the ethical principles of the Mérieux Foundation’s Charter: transparency, professionalism, quality, independence, non-discrimination, respect,
- Not convicted (the organization or one of its member) of acts contrary to the principles stated above,
- Not in bankruptcy or receivership.
Eligibility Criteria for Projects
- Objectives and activities related to and consistent with the mandate of the Mérieux Foundation;
- Project based on a local needs assessment;
- Realistic, credible and innovative project;
- Strong local involvement: links with local authorities, local associations and beneficiaries;
- Harmonization with existing initiatives in the concerned location;
- Respect of ethical principles and gender equality in the implementation of the project.
Project takes place in one of the following countries: Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Haiti, Iraq, Iran, Ivory Coast, Laos, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Myanmar, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Chad, Tunisia, Senegal, Tajikistan, Togo, Vanuatu and Vietnam.