Sightsavers recruits 01 Programme Officer – Inclusive Education
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
About the role
Sightsavers is excited to be seeking a Programme Officer that will enhance our Inclusive Education programme and ensure that projects are planned, implemented, monitored and evaluated to the highest possible standards.
As the Programme Officer you will work with Sightsaverspartner organizations and provide technical support for the inclusive education project in Senegal to achieve the organization’s strategic priorities of the education of children with disability, through both service delivery and advocacy work.
Further key duties and accountabilities include:
- Develop and support longer term relationships with these partners that go beyond the duration of individual projects.
- Support partners in the identification of their own capacity building needs and help facilitate the provision of these needs.
- Promote shared learning and collaboration between partners by facilitating partner networks and meetings
- Assist project partners in the preparation of budgets.
- Monitor expenditure of project financial resources and liaise with the FSSM/O where necessary.
- Technical support to partners in managing all aspects of the project cycle including planning, implementation and monitoring & evaluation.
- Take the lead in certain programmatic areas within the Area programme team
- Contribute to the development of research and learning imitative on the program
- Be proactive in providing good quality information on case studies, interesting news stories etc relating to the projects the officer is responsible for.
- Ensure that the fund-raising and communication department in HH receive appropriate materials and information as required especially if projects are supported by restricted funding that may have special reporting requirements.
- This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
As the successful candidate you will have previous experience and a degree in a relevant filed (Education, Social Sciences, Development Studies), possess an extensive background in an NGO environment, experience in inclusive education and have experience of all aspects of project management in community development programmes.
- Extensive programme experience for donor funded budgets
- Experience of working with projects managed through partners
- Experience of working within disability sector or programmes
- Experience of working within an education sector
- Knowledge of issue related to inclusive education
experience in disability and gender
Closing date: 1 May 2022
We anticipate that interviews will take place from the week commencing 9 May 2022 onwards and the evaluation process will include a second stage interview during the week commencing 16 May 2022.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.Postuler