Sightsavers recruits 01 Finance Systems and Projects Executive
Sightsavers is recruiting for a Finance Systems and Projects Executive to join a proactive, vibrant and growing team that is key to process improvement initiatives across all Sightsavers offices.
About the Role
Reporting to the Finance Systems and Projects Manager, the Finance Systems and Projects Executive will act as an intermediary between Sightsavers head office in the UK and our global offices, supporting customers across Sightsavers hubs in Africa and Asia. This new and varied role will:
- support on-going reviews of financial systems
- provide analysis of processes and recommendations for improvements
- participate in the implementation of new financial processes
- support business customers in embedding new operational and financial systems and processes
- develop communications and training plans
- maintain the control environment in accordance with the Global Financial Framework.
The role will be based at our offices in Senegal with flexibility around frequent home working. It will include travel to Sightsavers country offices around the world though predominantly within Africa, up to 5 weeks per year, to include short trips to the UK.
- Working as an integral part of the UK-based team, yet located in Senegal, you are a self-starter with the ability to question ‘the norm’. You have experience in an operational or finance role with a significant systems component as well as a practical background in business, or finance systems. You have strong communication skills and are confident dealing with internal customers in person and remotely.
- You are inquisitive, with an aptitude for and interest in investigating and understanding business processes, a willingness to learn and are comfortable engaging with varying levels of stakeholders throughout the organisation and across the world.
- Exposure to project, systems or process implementation or improvement work is a great advantage, as is knowledge of accounting principles, the ability to demonstrate relevant practical experience and an understanding of the International Charity Sector and regulatory environment would also be useful.
- This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, so if you are interested in the role and finding out more please read the complete Job Description for further details. We are only accepting online applications submitted via our recruitment portal for this role (no CVs please).
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
Closing Date: 23 May, 2021
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter jobs.sightsavers.org.