Desired start date: 15/01/2021
Duration of the mission: 5 months
Location: Al Turbah – Yemen
ABOUT THE JOB
SI opened its mission in Yemen in 2017, establishing its coordination in Aden. With the support of the Emergency team, SI mission was able to quickly acquire operational capacity, which was first deployed in Lahj Governorate, for implementation of WASH and Food Security Programming.
The mission has a forecasted budget of about 10M Euros for the year 2020/2021. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha. The mission is composed of approx. 20 expatriates and about 120 national staffs and is funded by OFDA, CDC, YHPF, DutchMoFA, SDC and ECHO. Objectives for the mission for 2021 is to build on its Emergency Response capacity to expand in hard to reach areas, and develop qualitative interventions responding to emergency and protracted needs, while enhancing resilience.
In Al Turbah and Taizz SI is currently implementing a project that is recovery oriented, based on an integrated wash/fsl and multi-year approach to support rural communities. In Taizz city, large urban wash infrastructures (pumping stations, boreholes) are being rehabilitated, as well as wash systems in public hospitals (water supply, sanitation and waste management). Water trucking for underserved frontline areas and wash in school component are also being developed, as well as comprehensive packages of wash services for urban neighborhoods.
ABOUT THE JOB
Solidarités International is looking for a proactive collaborator able to lead financial and HR management in insecure environments. The administrative Manager carries out administrative, accounting, financial and human resources management, in compliance with donor and Solidarites International procedures at base level.
S/he will ensure the implementation of SI procedures and their compliance with a semi-remote management component (Taiz sub-office). The overall organization of the mission will also require the new admin manager to be able to work remotely from his/her home country from time to time.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Supervise accounting operations and cash management
- Carry out budget follow up in conjunction with the heads of department
- Contribute to the development of new proposals and leads the budget design
- Contribute to ensuring that SI’s Human Resources policies are properly rolled out and implemented at base level
- In charge of supervising, supporting and training the members of the administrative team
- Lead the design, implementation and follow-up of a capacity building plan leading to gradual nationalization of the base.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Roll out mission HR strategy: structuration, stabilization, capacity building
- Strengthen internal control and compliance
- Projects development and base’s financial forecast
The base Admin Manager will directly manage 1 finance and 1 HR assistants and lead an overall team of 6 persons.
Specific skills and experience:
- Diploma and/or experience in relevant field (HR and finance)
- Previous experience as an Admin Manager (1-2 year) is a prerequisite
- Previous field experience with SI is an asset
- Experience in tensed context in terms of security is an asset
- Experience in remote management is a strong asset
- Knowledge of SI’s working software (such as HOMERE and SAGA) is a strong asset
- Knowledge and experience of Yemen or Middle East is appreciated
- Multi-project support experience
- Multi-donor budget management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work and stress management capacities
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments
- Good and proven written and spoken English are required
- Arabic speaking is an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1800 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 1980 euros gross per month)
and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of one additional rest day per month worked, i.e. 12 days in addition for a one-year contract.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Specific constraints related to security:
Al Turbah is located south of Taiz city in Shamayatayn governorate. The security situation remains quite stable in rural areas despite potential instability related to political tensions (sporadic cross fire between rival military brigades cannot be completely ruled out), and some private disputes that sometimes escalates to small arm fire usually related to land ownership issues.
Taiz city remains surrounded by frontlines between the Internationally recognized government (IRG) and Houthis (AA) and crossline fire occurs on a sporadic and erratic manner, however at a limited scale. Overall the security situation inside the city has largely improved since 2018. However, criminal groups are active, clashes and shelling happen on a regular basis and evacuation options are limited. Access to the city and overnight are possible for expatriate staff but under strict security protocol and according to the situation that is monitored closely by Al Turbah base security team.
To mitigate these risks, SI has developed strict security rules that the applicant needs to be ready to abide to.
Key information about living conditions:
The living conditions in Al Turbah are quite good even though movements are very restricted (curfew in place and no go areas). Expats are living in individual rooms in the shared guesthouse with very good condition. The guesthouse and the office are located in the same compound but in different buildings with a garden in between. Movements on foot are restricted but authorized, with few pre-assessed and validated areas for groceries shopping, haircut, etc. Trips to the field are possible for expatriates under certain condition but are limited to keep the presence of international staff low profile.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/