Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 2 months (renewable if mission formally opened)
Location: Khartoum and field base
ABOUT THE MISSION
Brief overview of SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL’s work in the country:
In response to the current Ethiopian refugee crises, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has decided to restart its activities in Soudan where it was operational in the past. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is registered in the country and is willing to send as soon as possible an emergency team to the fields as it follows = >
- A Country Director (already identified)
- A Logistic Coordinator (our emergency roving logistician is to be sent)
- A WASH Coordinator (to be recruited)
- A Administrative Coordinator (to be recruited)
The response to the refugee crisis is still uncovered in Soudan and a WASH emergency response is urgently needed due to the extremely arid environment of the area.
Beside an emergency response, SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is also willing to reopen a mission in Soudan and progressively adapt it to the current crisis.
ABOUT THE JOB
General objective of an Administrative Coordinator position
The Administrative Coordinator will direct and coordinate all administrative, accounting and financial services associated with the mission.
He/she will take part in defining SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL’s human resources policy, and ensure that it is followed.
As coordinator, he is responsible for the mission’s financial balance.
He/she will monitor adherence to SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL’s administrative procedures and donor procedures as well as to the laws of the country in which intervention is taking place.
He/she is the point of reference for the mission, and the link between headquarters and the mission for all administrative matters.
Specific requirements of the position of Soudan
- Recruitment, induction and organization of the administrative team
- Analysis and compliance with national administrative requirements
- Capacity building of the identified national Administrative Manager as well as the expatriate administrative managers
- Financial piloting of the missions under its supervision
- Budget making
- put procedures in place
- Reinforcement of basic process (implementation of software, full process at base level) and support the increase of mission’s volume
- Implementation and definition of framework (fiscal, HR….)
- Induction and capacity building of field teams
- Financial projections and budget making
- Implementation HR framework
- Understanding of administrative requirements at national level
Education: education background in accountancy, internal control or financial management is mandatory.
Experience: at least three years of experience in humanitarian financial and administrative at management level positions. An experience in emergency context, in base or mission opening is an asset.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Accountancy and internal control skills – knowledge of SAGA is an asset
- Financial management skills – knowledge of major institutional donor rules (OFDA/UNICEF/ ECHO…) is an asset
- Very strong organizational skills are necessary
- HR management (contractual, payroll…) is necessary – knowledge of HOMERE is an asset
- Managerial skills are mandatory – team management, capacity building are highly appreciated
- Perfect command of Excel
Languages: English is mandatory, Arabic is an asset.
Other desirable qualities: leadership and management / planning and prioritization / flexibility / capacity to work under stress / solution making oriented
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: According to experience from euros 2640 gross per month (2400 base salary + 10% annual leave). Per Diem of 700 USD.
Social and medical cover: International staffs benefit from an insurance package that reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/