SI recruits 01 HR & Finance Manager (H/F) – BHAMO
Desired start date: 21/03/2022
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Location: Bhamo, Kachin State, Myanmar
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI has been in Myanmar since 2008. For the first three years SI worked in the Delta in response to the devastating Cyclone Nargis. In January 2012 SI expanded to Kachin State to respond to an emergency situation created by the displacement of Kachin population affected by the arm conflict. Today SI operates in South Kachin mainly in IDP camps and villages and implements both WASH and FSL programs.
SI currently has a coordination base in Yangon (17 national employees and 7 expatriates), with field bases in Rakhine and Kachin States. Each office is operational with a Field Coordinator.
In December 2021, Kachin employs 3 international staffs (2 present in the field, FC awaiting visa) and 54 national staffs (most located in Bhamo and small sub-base in Lwegel).
To learn more about the Myanmar mission, please click here.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the Hierarchical management of the Field Coordinator and the functional supervision of the 2 HR and Finance Coordinators, the HR & Finance Manager carries out administrative, HR, accounting and financial management of the Bhamo base, in compliance with donors and SI’s procedures. As such:
- He/she organizes administrative support to the programs and logistics team and carries out budget follow up in conjunction with the managers.
- He/she ensures that SI’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented as well as of the supervision of all administrative activities at base level.
- He/she controls and validates SI’s implementing partners reports and supporting documentation ensuring that applicable procedures are implemented and respected.
- He/she will have to ensure a mentoring/coaching to the national admin manager from when he/she will be recruited.
Main daily responsibilities
- Administrative follow-up
- HR management
- Team and individual management
- Financial and Budget Management and Monitoring:
- Cash and Accounting Management:
- Partnership management
- Reporting and communication
- Main donors: OFDA & ECHO
- Budget: EUR 1,8+ million
Reporting to: Field co on the base / Fin Co and HR Co at coordination (country) level
7 persons are working in admin department:
- 1 admin supervisor
- 1 accounting officer
- 1 HR officer
- 1 cashier
- 3 cleaners/cook
Keep building the capacities of the administrative team and reinforce the processes in place.
- Ensure balanced workload between the different admin team members and keep implementing a clear division of roles and responsibilities
- Keep reinforcing the capacities of the team
- Reinforce the base’s capacities (admin, HR and log) on partnership management
- Support the staff in their English level.
Priorities for the first months
- Ensure a good start of the new projects
- Secure a better coverage for the base by participating in proposal submission.
- Capacity building of the admin supervisor
University degree (bachelor, masters) in a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year proven experience in administrative, HR and financial management in humanitarian projects.
- Experience with developing budgets for projects i
- Previous experience in capacity building/training/coaching
- Previous experience in working in partnership with local organizations
Experience with SI is an asset.
Experience in South-East Asia is an asset.
Experience in sensitive environments (post-conflict, conflict), IDP/refugee camp experience is an asset.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Critical analysis
- HR basics (payroll, recruitment…)
- Software to manage: SAGA, HOMERE
- Pack Microsoft Office suite with excellent Excel skills
- Autonomy, proactivity, is able to take initiatives
- Capacity building of team members
- Major organization capacities
- Team management
- Excellent listening skills
- Patience, diplomacy, flexibility
- Bilingual in English
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position
According to experience, starting from EUR 1980 gross / per month (EUR 1800 base salary, gross / month + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) + a monthly Per Diem of USD 500.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
The HR & Finance manager lives in a shared guesthouse with the international colleagues.
During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every 3 months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with USD 850 allocated by SI). In addition to these, SI adds 1 additional rest day per month of work, i.e. 12 additional days off for a one-year contract.
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which covers all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system, including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Bhamo is a city in Kachin State in Northern Myanmar, located 186km south of the capital city of Kachin State (Myitkyina).
At the moment, travel in and out of Bhamo is currently only possible by flight.
The weather in Bhamo is quite changeable, with very hot summers (over 35˚C) and cold winters (12˚C) from December to February. The rainy season is from June to September with strong rains, high humidity rates and hot temperatures.
Bhamo provides access to very basic medical care, however most of the major medical facilities are in Yangon.
The guesthouse is equipped with basic furniture (beds, tables, cupboards, hot water…) and mosquito nets, bed linen, towels, A/C, fans and satellite TV is also available at the guest house. A cook prepares dinner from Monday to Friday and can also prepare lunch upon request.
The office is 10 minutes by bike from the guesthouse. Expatriates move independently by bike or on foot. A car and a driver is available upon request.
Both are equipped with good internet connection.
Please note that the current political situation and security context is very volatile, but SI monitors it daily, in order to ensure the security of all staff.
Please note that the COVID 19 pandemic can impact the movements (flights and visa issuance).
At the moment, please note there is a 4 months delay to get in country.
Safety and security rules are regularly reviewed and adapted to the situation, to minimize the exposure to the COVID 19, in constant monitoring and adaptation to the context evolution. This include social distancing, teleworking and strict hygienic rules, such as regular handwashing etc.
Please note that SI strongly recommends its staff to get the vaccination against COVID 19, using WHO-approved vaccines. If possible, the vaccination should be done before departure, in order to reduce the future logistical constraints once on the field (administration of the 2nd / 3rd dose within a certain time frame).
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
If you have already been technically validated by SI on the position, please mention it.
NB: the vacancy may close before the deadline.
To learn more about SI, please visit our website.