Desired start date: 15/03/2020
Duration of the mission: 6 months extensible
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI opened its mission in Cameroun in 2014 and is mainly active in the WASH and FSL sectors, working on emergency response and early recovery/ resilience programs. SI is often partnering with Health INGOs to implement integrated WASH and Health/nutrition programs
The SI mission in Cameroon has around 10 expatriates and 101 national staff. Mid 2020 it is planed that the coordination will move to a regional level to cover both Tchad and Cameroon.
The 2019 budget is 4,5M euros.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the supervision of the base’s Field Coordinator and with functional relations with the Coordination, he/she will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Manage the administrative activities of the base
- Ensure the admin process and procedures as per SI regulations
- Train admin teams
- Ensure a smooth and efficient HR follow up
Main challenges :
- The communication between national staff is a big challenge. Even if they speak the same language they do not really understand each other. Confusion is presence every day.
- Budgets are tight and need constant revision to optimize the allocation of resources.
Another challenge for 2020 will be to accompany the potential scale up of the response if additional fundings are confirmed ( ECHO, CDC, UNICEF in the pipe)
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Implementation policy of staff field behavior during mission.
- Plan and internal Audit of Procurement archive from the beginning of the project.
- Include an excel training for all staff as part of the capacity building plan of 2020.
- Diplomas related to administration
- Previous experiences in humanitarian sector
- Previous experiences in administration in a volatile environment
- Previous experience in base opening is an asset
- Good organizational, planning and capacity building skills
- Prior experiences in the area is an advantage
- Autonomy & Flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads
- Management skills
- English fluent and French is an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 1 980 euros gross per month (1 800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time-off is implemented at the rate of one break after two months spent on the field. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 5 working days break during the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package, which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=P1IFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NQ9&nPostingTargetID=49049. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/