Sendwave recruits 01 HR Administrator
Who we are
Sendwave is on a mission to make sending funds to loved ones as easy and affordable as sending a text. What makes us stand out in a sea of similar apps? We deeply care about the diasporas and communities we serve — and that comes with a sense of connection to the markets we operate in. We strive to make life better for everyone who touches our product. That means recognizing and honoring the human experience behind sending money. We do that by remaining fee-free in most of our markets and offering round-the-clock customer care.
Our app is currently available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and parts of Europe, and sends funds to 19 receiving countries for over 500,000 users. We currently have a 4.6-star rating on Trustpilot — people put their faith in us to deliver their money quickly, securely, and affordably. And we’re pretty darn proud of that.
How we work
What we’re most proud of though is our brilliant, creative, and tenacious team. Our remote-first workplace means you’ll be working with Sendwavers in Europe, Africa, South America, and the U.S. that all share a core set of Sendwave values. What exactly are those values? Glad you asked.
- There will always be more problems to solve and opportunities to pursue than we have the capacity for. We’re not afraid to say no and are willing to let fires burn, knowing that to win we must discern and execute decisively on the vital few rather than the important many.
- Take full ownership of the outcomes we’re responsible for.
- Our job is not to do what we can to solve a problem. It’s to ensure that problem is solved. If an attempt to solve a problem doesn’t work, we seek an alternative. If we need help, we request it, and, if necessary, demand it.
- Forge a diverse team and inclusive culture.
- We believe the challenges we’re addressing will be best met by a truly global, diverse team, working together.
- We’re not naive to the systemic bias and discrimination that make this easier said than done, so we check our egos, listen deeply, and measure progress towards making this a fundamental part of our success.
- Maximize our rate of learning.
- We view projects as ever-evolving drafts and welcome opportunities to discover that what we had in mind won’t work so we can move to an even better end state. Most importantly, we do this fast. The faster we run these loops — as a company and individuals — the faster we’ll achieve our mission.
- Embrace embarrassing honesty from ourselves and others.
- We function best when we’re open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts. We lean into uncomfortable conversations and support our colleagues when they do the same.
- Maximize energy, not time spent.
- We measure our own and others’ contributions by objectives reached, not time spent. Living a full life outside of work is necessary for high achievement over the long term.
Your key areas of focus :
- Onboarding new hires – First and foremost, you’ll help our new Sendwavers all over the world feel valued, welcomed, and supported. You’ll be a key touchpoint for during their onboarding and will help get contracts and equipment set in preparation for their first day.
- HR Compliance – You’ll file employment information with the appropriate government bodies, maintain employee files, and help ensure we are compliant with local Senegalese employment law.
- HR Admin – you’ll assist with a variety of other administrative tasks that help our People Team run smoothly and make working at Sendwave a great experience.
In your first few months you’ll
- Help us select and set up an office space in Dakar where employees can sign contracts and pick up equipment
- Learn our current onboarding process and help us refine it to support local Senegal employment law.
- Support the HR team by assisting with common administrative tasks like employment verifications, HR data audits, internal promotions, etc.
- Meet as many Sendwavers as you can and gain an understanding of the ways our People Team can better support them.
What you bring to the table
- Working knowledge of Senegal employment law, especially regarding employment contracts and required filings/registrations. Experience onboarding new hires based in Senegal is a must.
- A service mindset – you do what is needed to help people feel welcome, valued, supported, and heard, and you enjoy working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong organizational and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and French
Bonus points if you
- Have experience sourcing and selecting vendors in Dakar
- Love improving processes and making things work more efficiently
- Have remote work experience
Before you apply, please note
- You must be fluent in English and French
- Please submit your resume in English language
Compensation: L2 – 26,905,515 CFA/Annually (includes 13th month bonus)
Our company is 100% remote and has been since we were founded. Sendwave hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however, some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Recruiting team can help answer any questions about location as we move further into recruiting process. For this role, we are only considering candidates based in Dakar, Senegal who are willing to work at least 20 hours per week in an office (the remaining time can be spent working from home or a coworking space).
For this role, we are anticipating travel for about four weeks out of the year for companywide and team-level meetings.
- Subsidized health insurance
- 26 weeks of fully paid parental leave and subsidized fertility assistance
- Unlimited vacation with a 20-day minimum requirement
- $10,000 annual charitable donation matching
And best of all
- Our team of over 400 employees, fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and coworking spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world.
- Proud parents, community organizers, farmers, play in bands, teach yoga, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- Our new collaborators at WorldRemit, another remittance company. We recently joined forces, and we’re excited about the ways we can continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to apply?
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
- Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Sendwave is a place where everyone can thrive. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to wake up every day.
Closing date : 5 May 2022.Postuler