SEED Awards in India 2016
Deadline: September 20, 2016
SEED has opened the Call for Applications for the 2016 SEED Awards in India. The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally-led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies. The independent SEED International Jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.
Stakeholder Dialogue: Out of all applications received, a cohort of ten shortlisted enterprises – the finalists – will be invited to present their inspiring eco-inclusive enterprises during a stakeholder dialogue forum organised by GIZ in October 2016.
Out of the ten finalists two SEED Award Winners will be chosen, who will receive a package of tailored support services consisting of:
- Tools: Self-help tools that help enterprises prioritise and address their most urgent needs, for instance by assisting with market analysis, developing a funding strategy, mapping stakeholder relationships, and developing Memoranda of Understanding with partners;
- Capacity Building: One-on-one advisory service that offers Winners assistance with their business and financial plan, including a 3-day in-country workshop, webinars and remote advisory through the SEED and In-Country Advisors;
- Profiling: SEED Winners are profiled nationally, regionally and internationally through SEED and other high-level events;
- Network Building: SEED facilitates contacts between its winning enterprises and support organisations, funders, policy-makers, other enterprises such as SEED Alumni, GIZ network, and SEED Partners and Associates.
SEED welcomes innovative and sustainable enterprises from Waste Management and Green ICT (information and communications technology) sectors in India, which are working in partnership with others to generate economic, environmental and social benefits.
- Demonstarte entrepreneurship and innovation;
- demonstrates entrepreneurship and innovation in either ‘Waste management’ or ‘Green ICT’
- have the intention and potential to become financially sustainable;
- be a partnership between different stakeholder groups;
- be locally-driven or locally-led;
- have potential for scale or significant replication;
- be in the early stages of implementation.
- Submission of application form – September 20, 2016
- Selection of Finalists – Mid-October
- Submission of Additional information – End of October
- Selection of Winners – Early November
For more information, visit 2016 SEED Awards in India.