SEAMEO BIOTROP Call for Proposals: Sustaining and Enhancing the Integrity and Productivity of Ecosystems in Southeast Asia
Deadline: 29 June 2018
The Southeast Asian regional Centre for Tropical Biology (SEAMEO), Regional Centre for Tropical Biology (BIOTROP) are seeking project proposals for implementation in 2019 on the theme Sustaining and Enhancing the Integrity and Productivity of Ecosystems in Southeast Asia.
- Ecological restoration: It is becoming increasingly important worldwide as a way to reinstate the integrity of species and ecosystems while simultaneously enhancing human welfare.
- Ecological protection and conservation: This strand would generally refer to measures to protect and conserve elements of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystem structure and functions from further degradation, enhance landscape and habitat connectivity, and build resilience to disturbance.
- Ecological sustainability and productivity enhancement: This strand focuses on the wise and efficient use of natural resources in the short-term so that these resources and ecological processes are available, maintained as well as can be increased in the long-term for society’s needs and better quality of life.
The research proposal should have a budget not exceeding Rp100,000,000.
The project must be implemented within a 9-month period, most likely to start from March to November 2019.
- The call for proposals is open to Indonesian nationals. However, researchers from other Southeast Asian countries are welcome to explore research collaboration with Indonesian researchers to be able to apply for the grant. In this case, the Indonesian researchers will be the lead proponent of the proposal.
- The research proposals shall be subjected to external review by a committee that SEAMEO BIOTROP shall form following a set of criteria that the Centre currently uses as follows:
- Relevance of the Proposal (15%)
- Scientific Rigor of the Proposal Components (60%)
- Research Capability of the Proponent/s (10%)
- Feasibility of the Period of Implementation (5%)
- Budget Feasibility (10%)
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam
For more information, please visit SEAMEO BIOTROP.