Scholarship for the University of Maryland’s Online Master’s Degree in Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Interested in Creating a Startup Company or Leading Innovation in a Corporation or Organization?
Explore the Master of Professional Studies in Technology Entrepreneurship (MPTE) from the University of Maryland
100% Online – 15 Months – $20,000
Apply by July 28, 2016, for the Fall 2016 Entering Class
Based on your enrollment in a University of Maryland course with Coursera, we are excited to offer you a $1,000 scholarship as a new applicant for the Fall 2016 MPTE class. As the #1 public university in technology entrepreneurship, the Master of Professional Studies in Technology Entrepreneurship pairs an enriching academic experience with the skills and relationships of our world-class start-up incubators.
Why a Master’s in Technology Entrepreneurship?
- A Revolutionary Era for Education and Venture Creation: Online learning is rapidly changing the landscape of higher education by delivering high quality, affordable opportunities to learners worldwide. As a pioneer in online education and new venture creation, the University of Maryland is empowering the next generation of technology entrepreneurs through this innovative master’s program.
- Increase Your Knowledge and Cultivate Global Relationships: While a master’s degree is not a prerequisite for entrepreneurial success, the knowledge gained from award-winning faculty with real start-up experience surely beats the expense and frustration of learning by trial and error. With students enrolled from all over the world, you can share opportunities and ideas with peers. This global networking opportunity cultivates lasting personal and professional relationships to nurture new ventures worldwide.
- Improve Your Career Marketability and Mobility: As our students work to build successful startups and corporate ventures, they also earn a master’s degree from one of the world’s preeminent universities. This degree equips students with the ability to envision, develop, launch, and grow innovations, and provides the credentials to be an attractive recruit for innovation-focused companies and organizations.
Hands-on Learning Methodology to Motivate the Creation and Launch of Innovative New Companies
With a 100% online curriculum built by faculty experienced in the practice of entrepreneurship, our 15-month sequence is designed by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs with courses in:
- Innovative Ideas and Concept Development
- Strategies for Managing Innovation
- Business Modeling and Customer Validation
- Innovative Thinking
- Creative Design, Prototyping, and Testing
- Market Development and Commercialization
- Legal Aspects of Entrepreneurship
- Financial Management and New Venture Financing
- Launching the Technology Startup Ventures
The Practice of Learning is Complemented with the Knowledge and Resources of Our Partners
Our online educational program of student-faculty discussions, video lectures, and high-impact deliverables operates in parallel with our online incubator activities. Our faculty will facilitate students’ relationship building with:
- Channel Partners
- Sales and Marketing Experts
- Grant Makers
- Angel Investors
- Venture Capitalists
- Alternative Financiers
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or an equivalent degree from a non-U.S. institution. The total Coursera-based scholarship awards from the University of Maryland for the MPTE will not exceed $1,000. Multiple scholarship offers from Coursera-based experiences may not be combined.
Visit us at http://mte.umd.edu/landing