Save the Children International is seeking a (01) TECHNICAL TRAINER
Entreprise/Structure: Save the Children International (ONG)
Ville, Pays: Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: Non précisé
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 03-04-2016
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: Open Ended
Save the Children International is embarking on one of its largest global programmes to build a high performing organisation with efficient enabling systems and business processes.
The Technical Trainer is a new role sitting within a new Change and Deployment Team that has been created to secure timely implementation of new supporting systems and business processes across 55 country offices.
The Technical Trainer will be responsible for training selected staff within the Regional and Country offices on new systems and business processes. The Technical Trainer will on occasion be involved in the design and production of the training materials, otherwise he/she will interact closely with the Project Manager and IT Developers to ensure the user friendliness and ease of implementation of the training material provided by the project team. The Technical Trainer will deliver training via various methods and channels, including face to face training, Training of Trainers, online Q&A sessions etc. to ensure a successful roll out and consolidation.
Qualifications and experience
- Proven experience of training adults in the field, using modern methods, in systems and business processes with regards to at least one of the following functions: Finance/Awards, HR, Logistics
- Knowledge of, and experience with, a variety of training methods; ability to be innovative and flexible according to the situation to ensure effective delivery
- Experienced in designing training programs
- Proven experience of mentoring and coaching adult learners
- Competence in MS office applications. IT literate and the capacity to use and learn other IT systems
- Demonstrable ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders in a large and complex organisation
- Highly developed cultural awareness and the ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and culture
- Excellent interpersonal skills; engaging as well as assertive, influencing and negotiating
- True passion for results, responsibility and proactivity
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English and French
- Willingness and ability to travel within the region for up to 60%, with occasional travel to London
- Commitment to the values of Save the Children
- Experience of designing and producing training materials including e-learning
- Accredited trainer of trainers
- Experience in the not for profit sector
- A third language. Preferably Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.