Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Senior Programme Manager to manage its girls’ education project in DRC. The project brings together an experienced consortium of international and local implementing organizations to deliver the second phase of a high quality, integrated programme focused on improving girls’ access to, retention and achievement in primary education as well as their transition
to secondary schools. The Senior Programme Manager must bring a senior leadership profile with a proven track record in managing complex programming delivery in fragile and conflict affected countries, notably in the education sector. The position will ultimately contribute to Save the Children’s learning on girls’ education and education delivery in conflict-affected and fragile environments
The Senior Programme Manager will be responsible for the planning, management, coordination and successful implementation of this project across three provinces (Ituri, Lomami and Kasai Oriental provinces).
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in education, gender or development studies or a related subject.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in education.
- Sound knowledge of the DRC education system including institutions, policies and legal frameworks.
- Prior experience at senior management level within fragile or conflict affected states.
- Full fluency in English and French.
- Strong working under pressure and to tight time schedules.
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Proven experience of working in changing / volatile contexts.
- Prior experience of delivering results based education programming, gender programming and multisector programming.
- Good knowledge of children’s rights and specifically girls related issues in education.
- Experience of project and financial management in a multi-partner or multi-agency consortia.
- Proven experience in research, learning focused monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and managing relationships with donors (DfID and others).
- Demonstrated experience in handling budgets in excess of £5m and
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or provincial level government structures on policy design, implementation and capacity building.
- Experience in protection and sexual and reproductive health programming.
- Experience in promoting children’s participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience working on Education in Emergency (EiE).
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Commitment to and understanding of child rights, humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the Code of Conduct.
Contract Length : 12 months
POSITION HIRED ON NATIONAL CONTRACT
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.