Save the children recruits 01 Security Management & Analysis Officer
Contract length: 02 Years renewable.
Level 3: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore, a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
The Security Management & Analysis Officer will support the Regional Security Director as well as the Regional Office and Country Offices in improving safety and security procedures, policies, and compliance with Save the Children essential standards throughout the West and Central Africa region.
Scope of role
Reports to: Regional Security Director
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 10 countries in West and Central Africa, where a wide range of contexts influence our work. Compliance with Save the Children essential standards contributes to the mitigation of risk to our staff and Save the Children property, and the integration of safety and security into all areas of programming is vital in continuing to save children’s lives in an increasingly volatile region. For this reason, a Security Management & Analysis Officer is needed to support the Regional Security Director in ensuring the safety and security of all staff in the region.
Number of direct reports: 0
Key areas of accountability
- Support the Regional Security Director and the Country Offices in improving compliance with Save the Children essential standards
- Track compliance with essential standards and other Save the Children policies
- Review security plans, contingency plans and other emergency SOPs
- Work with country Safety and Security Managers and Focal Points (SSFP) to ensure implementation of vital policies and procedures
- Train staff in security courses (security briefings, awareness briefings)
- Assist with information management duties
- Maintain databases of relevant information
- Collect and compile appropriate information
- Disseminate to Country Offices relevant information and trend analysis to improve the security measures to implement
- Support the Regional Office with geopolitical and context analyses
- Produce reports on critical situations and events
- Produce analysis on threats as well as new criminal trends in the region
- Monitor news and media sources for relevant developments and issues that may affect Save the Children programming and activities
- Replace the Regional Security Director in the Crisis Management Team when needed
- Represent the RO security function in external meetings
- Support on security matters in certain countries in the WCA region such as Mauritania, Guinea, Cap Verde, Togo, Ghana, Chad, Cameroon when needed for SCI partner activities
- Able to travel to countries in the region for dedicated security trainings, audits, etc.
- Flexible to support various requests and duties from line manager
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications and experience
- Interest in safety and security, and global issues
- Knowledge of context and actors in the West and Central Africa Region
- Experience in safety and security with an INGO
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong writing skills and ability to draft reports and analysis (both English/French)
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Closing date: 14 May 2022 – 23:59 GMT.Postuler