|Save the Children recruits 01 Regional Safeguarding Specialist WCA|
|Description de l’offre|
Regional Safeguarding Specialist WCA – (220000A0)
Save the Children International is committed to strengthening our Child/Adult Safeguarding work in development and humanitarian settings – with robust mechanisms for awareness, prevention, reporting, responding and offering support to survivors, promoting a child and adult safe environment, and holding those responsible for abuses to account. Reporting and responding to concerns forms the cornerstone of the safeguarding mechanism, for which the Country Offices are the primary leads. The Regional Office, and this Regional Safeguarding Specialist role, play a key role by providing oversight, quality control, coaching to Country Offices and ensuring communication with the funding members.
The core purpose of this role is to work closely with the Regional Safeguarding Director, Roving Safeguarding Specialist and Country Offices to ensure timely and high quality reporting and responding through SCI’s Datix reporting system. This includes reporting to internal and external stakeholders. The specialist will provide capacity building support to the country offices to strengthened the survivor support mechanisms, implement lessons learned from cases, and strengthen CO systems to prevent future incidents, address gaps in safeguarding system and feed to Thematic Leads and Programme Development teams to improve program design. On top of that, the specialist will play a key role in strengthening and maintaining investigative capacity at RO and CO level including deployment, and support investigations in development and humanitarian responses to allow COs to achieve key safeguarding performance indicators (KPIs) and timely case management and investigation timelines for adequate accountability to victims and survivors.
We are looking for an ambitious, social and talented colleague with eye for detail, a drive to learn and passion for safeguarding children/adults from sexual explaoitation, abuse, and harrssment.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
• Undergraduate or Masters in Gender, Child Protection, Human Rights, Humanitarian Action, International Development, International Relations, Law, Public Administration, Public Policy, Human Resources, Advocacy or related degree
• Strong track record and experience in either:
• Case management, investigations, report writing
• Or, adult safeguarding, child safeguarding, child protection, sexual and gender-based violence
• Or, a prior management position in the aid sector, preferably within Save the Children
• Firm and confident personality – able to stand up against more experienced and senior • collegues
• Excellent communication and listening skills in English and French with proven writing and numerical experience in writing/editing, e.g. for briefing documents, monitoring reports and investigation reports.
• Proven attention for detail and ability to effectively manage a high volume of data and information.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people in a large organisation, very often at a distance.
• Good team member skills, including the ability to be part of and organise, support, manage and develop a small team;
• Experience in designing and delivering training or workshops to diverse stakeholders.
• Ability to manage stress, be flexible and accommodating in difficult and frustrating working circumstance.
• Commitment to and understanding of child rights, as well as of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
• Ability to take a proactive approach to problem solving, to recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
• Willingness and ability to travel abroad at short notice.
• Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time
• Ability to critically analyse written material including evidence, reports, policies
• Strong organisational skills and ability to meet regular and recurring deadlines
• Significant experience in Child and Adult Safeguarding /PSEAH including investigation/case management and sector best practice
• Strategic and analytical approach to Child/Adult Safeguarding
• Substantial experience of safeguarding, child protection, PSEAH, SGBV or MEAL issues and practice, within humanitarian or insecure settings, including leading or participating in investigations.
• Experience living or working in a development context, emergency response contexts or fragile states.
• Experience living or working overseas in insecure locations.
• Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and/or Learning (MEAL) experience.
• Knowledge of Save the Children’s key sectors
• Legal and local legislation knowledge
• Strong presentation skills.
• Commitment to Save the Children values.
• Knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors.
• Understanding local context of West and Central Africa
• Contract Type / Length: National Contract / 1 Year
Location: Based in West and Central Africa region in country with SCI programming
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online for this job :