|Save the Children recruits 01 Regional Consortium Manager|
Description de l’offre
Regional Consortium Manager – (210003AK)
Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Regional Consortium Manager who will be responsible for the oversight of a Migration/Child Protection project implemented across four countries in West Africa (Côte d’Ivoire, Guinée, The Gambia and Senegal).
The project brings together Save the Children (SC – Consortium Lead) and Terre des Hommes (TdH) to deliver a high quality, integrated project focused on improving vulnerable migrant girls’ and boys’ access to protection and quality services in strategic locations on the migration routes.
It is funded by the European Union Emergency Trust Fund for a budget of 5M EUR and a duration of 36 months and has been launched in January 2020.
The Regional Consortium Manager is responsible to coordinate and oversee the quality on the implementation of the project, providing overall strategic leadership and managerial oversight on the administrative, programmatic, technical, data collection, advocacy and operational aspects.
S/he will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the project, including the direct management of a team of 5 staff within the regional consortium management unit, as well as the coordination of the team in the field (country offices) as per organigram.
S/he will be accountable for the timely and quality implementation of activities, compliance with donor rules and regulation, reporting and effective stakeholders’ relationship management.
S/he will be also responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the donor,
Governments, consortium members and strategic partners, operating at regional and at country level, acting as the primary liaison and project representative.
S/he will also be responsible for the overall management of areas related to finance, budgetary management and oversight, and partner sub-contract management, as well as other operational and administrative duties required by the project, ensuring that they are executed efficiently and effectively by the regional team and the teams in the field
Relevant university degree (Education or other Social Science, International Development, etc.)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
– Sound knowledge of West Africa including institutions, policies and legal frameworks related to migration and protection
– Fluency in written and spoken French and English
– Sound knowledge and prior experience in managing EU funded project
– Proven skills in project management and administration, including grants management and donor compliance
– Proven skills in project monitoring and reporting.
– Prior experience in management of consortia and/or multi-country projects
– Prior experience in managing complex budgets
– Prior experience of working at senior management level in regional projects.
– Prior experience working in emergency response contexts or fragile states.
– Strong skills in staff management, moderation, conflict resolution and capacity-building
– Ability to lead a projectme and support a team working from remote locations
– Knowledge and working experience in Child Rights-based approach.
– Experience in remote and complex matrix management
– Willingness to extensive field travel and to remote locations
– Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
– Ability to work with limited supervision.
– Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children aims, values and principles.
– Experience in Child Protection/Youth/Migration projectming.
– Experience in Rights-based approach
– Experience in promoting children’s participation in projectming, design, implementation and evaluation
– Working experience in challenging and insecure contexts and/or similar.
– Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
Contract length: 2 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection.
We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
– No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
– All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
– Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children.
We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process.
Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Employee Status: Permanent
Closing Date: May 25, 2021
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=210003AK&tz=GMT%2B02%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FParis