|Save the Children recruits 01 Humanitarian Learning Solutions Specialist|
|Description de l’offre|
Humanitarian Learning Solutions Specialist – (220003KY)
TITLE: Humanitarian Learning Solutions Specialist
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Humanitarian Leadership Academy/ WCA Regional Operations team
LOCATION: Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger or Senegal (with up to 50% travel)
GRADE: 3 (National)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months renewable
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work with country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Humanitarian Learning Solutions Specialist who will ensure the design, development, and delivery of innovative, quality humanitarian needs-focussed learning solutions and services at individual, organisational and sector-wide levels.
This role is multi-disciplinary and provides end-to-end support to the research, design and development, the management, and the delivery of learning solutions and services
The post holder will be expected to contribute to other humanitarian capacity strengthening initiatives undertaken by Save the Children and respective Humanitarian Leadership Academy Regional Strategies.
This role will sit within the Humanitarian Leadership Academy (HLA), a member neutral entity that provides capacity strengthening across the Save the Children movement. The team combines digital learning platforms, creative learning content and the design, development and delivery of quality accredited capacity strengthening and learning in an exciting and innovative offer that is both unique and unmatched anywhere across the sector. Capacity-strengthening and user-centred learning is, and will continue to be, of increasing importance – a key area to ensure the sector is able to respond effectively and efficiently to crises. The HLA enables Save the Children to offer the most effective and impactful humanitarian capacity strengthening resource for both the Save the Children movement, the wider humanitarian sector and beyond.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Humanitarian Leadership Academy (HLA) Lead
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Key Contacts: Working closely with Humanitarian Leadership Academy globally, the WCA Regional Office and its Humantarian Team as well as Country Offices (in WCA and other francophone country offices globally).
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The main accountabilities of the role are as follows:
• Under dedicated HLA pillars, manage the effective design, development and implementation, monitoring and learning of humanitarian learning projects or programmes such as, but not exclusive to, the preparedness and responsive learning programmes
• Ensure the technical and andragogical quality of learning projects and programmes in close collaboration with other technical specialists
• Deploy to disaster-affected countries to work with frontline responders and partners to strengthen their capacity
• Establish and manage effective relationships with key stakeholders and partners within the learning sector to provide cutting edge solutions to demand
• Oversee multiple award-specific budgets in order to effectively implement the learning projects or programmes, including staff recharge, logistics, procurement, consultancies, etc., ensuring the relevant information management is aligned to SCI and donor specific compliance criteria, working with the
Awards and Contract Specialist as required
• Lead the set up and management of learning faculties for accredited programmes including the assessment, marking and provision of feedback to learners
• Lead and manage the process of conducting learning needs analysis, and the development of relevant and innovative learning products and services based on that analysis
• Lead and manage the process of designing content for developing content into online learning, working closely with the Digital Learning Specialists
• Work with other regional staff to deliver quality learning programmes as required
Support the ongoing management and monitoring of contracts throughout the project/contract cycle, ensuring the awards and trading management information systems are up to date and that awards and trading contracts are donor compliant and audit ready.
• Build and maintain new and effective partnerships across the Save the Children movement and sector as appropriate
• Represent the HLA and Save the Children in public forums and high-level external working groups to contribute to thought leadership on strategic areas and influence the professional development direction of travel for specific technical areas and the humanitarian sectors as a whole
• Support Research, Evidence and MEAL colleagues in identification of specific areas of learning linked to the learning solutions being implemented by this role
• Support/advise to other areas of the team where necessary, dependent on specific skills/interest of individual post holder, which, could include (but is not restricted to) deployments, matrix management, language expertise etc.
• Contribute to supporting strong ways of working across the new team, as well as taking individual responsibility for building an inclusive and supportive team culture
The Learning Solutions Specialist is to carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects:
Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy,
A commitment to Save the Children’s vision, mission, values and approach,
A commitment to diversity and inclusivity and promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work,
A commitment to effective management of risk, by operating within the Charity’s code of conduct, policies, procedures and controls and by carrying out the risk management and assurance responsibilities of the role as set out in the Risk Policy and Procedures.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• Relevant university degree (International Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, Child Rights, Political Science, Sociology or other Social Science, International Development, etc.)
• Experience of delivering humanitarian training
• Good understanding and experience in emergency preparedness procedures
• Experience setting up and leading learning simulations
• Experience of organising logistics for training events or conferences
• Financial budgeting skills
• IT skills and computer literacy
• Fluency in written and spoken French essential
• Fluency in written and spoken English essential
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in humanitarian action
• Excellent written and spoken level of French and English (required)
• Ability to build and work as part of a high performing team and work effectively across the different functions to ensure maximum effectiveness and impact, including quality assurance elements
• Significant experience of designing, developing and implementing high quality and impactful user-centred blended learning programmes to support identified need, including through learning needs analysis
• Strong expertise in learning curriculum development and application of adult learning theory
• A minimum of 3 years of programme management experience including financial management experience, including budget preparation, monitoring and reporting, and grant/awards management
• Humanitarian field experience and/or strong knowledge of the humanitarian sector, its architecture and how it’s evolving- this will be tested.
• Willingness to deploy- sometimes at short notice- to remote and unsafe locations.
An instinctive analytical and strategic thinker
Ability to operate effectively in highly complex situations
A first-class facilitator – collaborative and open networker
Previous experience working in the aid sector.
Passion and energy to work in pursuit of transforming humanitarian response globally
Highly effective in influencing, negotiating and lobbying
Strong representational and communication skills, able to articulate a vision, strategy, or idea clearly and concisely
Undeniably positive with high levels of personal resilience and motivation to lead and manage a team
Ability to build effective trust-based relationships and networks
Knowledge of integrating diversity and inclusion and intersectional approaches to gender equality into capacity strengthening work
Technical qualification and/or experience in a humanitarian technical sector, such as public health, child protection, education, cash and voucher assistance or other Save the Children priority area.
Experience in designing and leading scenario-learning and immersive simulations
Experience in coaching and mentoring/ Training of Trainers/ Organisational development
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI policies and procedures.
|COMMENT POSTULER ?|
Apply online :