Save the children recruits 01 Human Resources Coordinator
- Team/programme: ro hr team
- location: dakar, senegal
- grade: 4
- contract length: open ended
Level 2: either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
As a key member of the Regional Human Resources team you will be the trusted partner of the RO HR Manager. The role is supportive of the Regional office HR Management, personnel administration and recruitment in compliance with the Global and Regional policies and procedures.
Scope of role
Reports to: Regional HR Manager
Key areas of accountability
- Assist in the recruitment function of the Human Resources department.
- Advertising positions in TALEO
- Support with long listing for roles assigned by the Regional HR Manager
- Contacting shortlisted candidates and preparing interview schedules
- Participate in interviews as will be assigned by the Regional HR Manager
- Supporting in reference checks and vetting of identified candidates
- Support in drafting contracts for new staff
- On boarding and Induction of New staff
- Ensure that staff orientation and induction for new staff is done timely
- Make sure that the global induction is done for all new staff
- Ensure that mandatory courses child safeguarding, fraud and security courses are completed within the first 3 months upon joining
- Leave Management of the Regional Office staff
- Ensure compliance with Regional Office leave policy by checking leave balances and engaging with department heads to ensure leave is utilized
- Staff Contract Management and Administration
- Coordinate staff confirmation and probation reports
- Support in ensuring the exit interviews are conducted
- Documenting the exit interview feedback and sharing with the the Regional HR Manager
- Payroll Consumables
- work with the finance team on the national staff payroll processing
- Effort Reporting and Oracle
- Update the HR information system (Oracle) in a timely and accurate manner. This includes setting up new starters, leavers, amending personal details, updating contract information, inputting performance ratings, training information and running of reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of data through timely input to electronic and hard copy l personal files.
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of all candidates’ and employees’ records whether manual or computer maintained and ensure that all records are held securely.
- Ensure compliance with RO effort reporting
- Ensure high data quality of RO in Oracle
- Systems and policy procedures
- WCA Region systems focal point, regional and global engagement with relevant teams on systems support
- First contact for Regional Office and Country office on Oracle and other HR system support
- Review the regional data and offer training to ensure 100% Employee User among country programs.
- Provide Oracle reports and support Country Programs with implementation of recommendations
- Conducting and monitoring staff global transfers on Oracle to ensure compliance
- Regional focal point for leave reconcilliation
- HR Monthly trackers and reporting
- Update HR monthly trackers and share as requested
- Support in collecting information for HR reporting as assigned
- Perform any other related tasks as may be assigned
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- At least Bachelor in Management of Human Resources Management
- Masters degree is an added advantage
Experience and skills
- Have at least 3 or 5 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in NGO sector will be an advantage
- Excellent planning capacities, management and coordination, with the possibility of a significant workload consists of various duties and responsibilities
- Good knowledge of computer skills (Microsoft Office Environment)
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good knowledge of English and French (Written and spoken)
- High level engagement with teams and abililty to maintain confidentiality
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Closing date: 24 May 2022 – 23:59 GMT.Postuler