Business Development Advisor
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
New Business Development
– Ensure that the Country Office has a comprehensive Business Development Strategy in place, which is in line with the Country Strategy, and is implemented and monitored effectively.
– Identify, research, and disseminate information on new funding opportunities from bilateral, multi-lateral, and other institutional donors.
– Position Country Office to successfully win and manage medium and large grants, including support management of Country Portfolio and setting of financial targets.
– Lead development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, Operations, Awards and Finance team for proposal development.
– Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities.
– Track up-coming funding opportunities, donor engagement and proposal development process. Provide regular updates to the Director of PDQ on status of the funding portfolio and key trends to monitor.
– Assist in developing funding strategies for thematic programme plans and cross-sectoral integration.
– Any other duties assigned
– Lead the development and regular update of donor engagement strategy to assist in growing the Sierra Leone and Liberia portfolio, consistent with the Country Strategy.
– Cultivate excellent working relationships with donor agencies at regional and country level as appropriate and in collaboration with the Director of Programme Development and Quality.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks.
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Master’s Degree in Development Practice, Social Science or relevant field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
– Minimum 7 years’ experience in development and or emergency contexts, preferably with solid experience in at least two priority sectors of Save the Children: education, protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition.
– Proven track record in producing winning bids and proposals for institutional donors, corporates / private sector and others
– Strong understanding and experience with USG, DFID, EU, UN and other institutional donor funding mechanisms and contract regulations.
– Excellent writing/editing, reporting, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
– Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million dollar project budgets.
– Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
– Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
– Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets.
– Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner and experience in leading project presentations to donors and partners
– Proven ability to design high quality programs
– Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
– Cultural awareness and ability to work in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
– Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description
13 Dec 2019 – 23:59 UTC
Freetown, Sierra Leone