Save the Children International recrute 01 Responsable PPP
The Private Sector Partnerships Manager-includingphilanthropy as well as corporates- is an exciting new role at Save the Children West Central Africa Regional Office, where you will have the responsibility of advancing, with strategic thinking, the development of donor partner relationships of West Africa based donors (corporates and high-net worth individuals). You will work closely with the Senior Philanthropy Team at Save the Children UK, the West Africa Regional Office, and the Country Offices in West Africa to develop creative and high-quality cultivation, drive new business, and steward high value relationships with an aspiration of securing five and six figure gifts.
He/She will actively engage with our most valued supporters (from children to local organisations), securing support and building sustainable relationships of value; sourcing significant income for Save the Children’s key priorities and, ultimately transforming the lives of millions of children internationally. We are looking for someone who has experience in working/living in Africa and who is passionate and excited about the growth of African philanthropy and in its power of effective change locally.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Reports to: Head of Resources Mobilization
- Staff Reporting to this Post: N/A
- Key working relationships: Africa Philanthropy Initiative is Save the Children UK and other Philanthropy teams from Members, Country Offices, Technical Experts/Operations and other necessary stakeholders to establish and execute a strong partnerships relation.
- Annual Level Salary : XOF 18,000,000 – XOF 22,000,000 (Offer will be based on experience/internal equity and financial ability).
Key areas of accountability
- Work with the country offices across West Africa to progress existing opportunities, develop proposals and ideas for new business, drawing on local trends in philanthropy.
- Work alongside the regional office to drive forward their strategic corporate / philanthropy aspirations and implement directly funded new funding models.
- Seek opportunities to network and attend internal and external events, to raise the visibility of Save the Children Africa Philanthropy Initiative.
- Develop and implement strategic, culturally relevant, creative and bespoke donor plans to engage and steward donors in West Africa, working closely with the Head of Africa Philanthropy.
- Help develop Save the Children’s brand in West Africa, and work strategically with the regional office and country offices, to develop strong partnerships that can work towards transformational programming- utilising the expertise and funding of donors in the region.
- Manage and implement activities across three markets- Senegal, Ivory Coast, and Nigeria, in close partnership with the Regional Office, such as new fundraising approaches, international programme visits, emergency appeals and cultivation and stewardship events.
- Support effective and joined-up strategic resource mobilisation for Category 1&2 Emergencies.
Required qualifications and experience
Background in proposal development and coordination required.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied and demanding workload to meet deadlines
- Experience of building and managing relationships with high-level stakeholders, whether that is in the charity or private sector.
- Experience of working with emerging markets, preferably in Africa
- Proven experience in finding and cultivating new business opportunities.
- Computer literacy: ability to undertake word processing and to access and update databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent inter-personal, influencing and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially with high value supporters
- Fluent spoken in French is desirable
- Experience of soliciting 6 figure gifts from high-net-worth individuals or other transferable experience of securing new business in a commercial environment.
- Good knowledge of trends in African philanthropy.
- Related post-graduate qualification
- Lived and working experience in West Africa
Closing date: 19 Oct 2022 – 23:59 GMT