RTI recrute 01 Spécialiste principal du développement des affaires
RTI International (RTI) is both a global research institute and a leading international development organization. We combine these powerful capabilities with those of our partners to co-create smart, shared solutions for a more prosperous, equitable, and resilient world. Based in North Carolina, USA, RTI is one of the top implementing partners of projects funded through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). A commitment to making meaningful change energizes our 6,000 staff who deliver results across eight international development sectors and in more than 80 countries.
The Global Health Division (GHD), within the International Development Group (IDG), works in Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases; Global Health Security and Public Preparedness; Heath Systems Strengthening – including Health Governance, Health Finance, Human Resources for Health, Capacity Building, and Health Policy and Advocacy; and Integrated Care – including Reproductive, Maternal, and Child Health and Family Planning. We address a range of public health problems to reduce disparities, lower disease burdens, and build locally owned sustainable health programs.
The GHD is currently seeking a Senior Business Development Specialist to provide senior business development and marketing support, including gathering business intelligence, identifying, and developing clients, partners, and contacts, supporting business capture and proposal development, and strategic networking and relationship building for the division. We are looking for a dynamic business development expert with proven success leading, networking, and implementing key business development priorities.
This role could be based in the United States (Washington DC or Research Triangle Park offices or remote) or in Abuja, Nigeria; Dakar, Senegal; or Nairobi, Kenya. The Senior Business Development Specialist will report to the Director of Business Development. This role will require international travel 25% of the time.
- Lead business development activities for and/or in support of technical practices within the Global Health Division for work funded by USAID and other key donors and clients.
- Explore business opportunities in key markets, including countries with an already existing RTI presence as well as within new countries. Advise on the selection of new capture markets over time.
- Responsible for identifying, understanding, and developing potential clients, including host governments and private sector actors.
- Identifying and qualifying key partner organizations and potential staff; and evaluating competitor activities. Responsible for maintaining these relationships and partnerships once created.
- Facilitate proposal preparation and development processes to achieve high-quality submissions.
- Mentor and develop capacity in business development for technical experts and junior-level staff.
- Serve as key contributor to proposal development and leadership including proposal lead, section writer, strategy developer, and other roles as needed.
- Represent the Global Health Division to donors, private sector companies, foundations, and professional and voluntary associations, identifying synergies and developing partnerships and alliances as appropriate. Present and speak effectively on RTI’s broader institutional capabilities.
- Identify and develop public-private partnerships (PPPs) and cost-share alliances with private sector, foundation, and non-governmental partners.
- Responsible for communicating business development intelligence gathered to technical divisions and field staff in a timely and open manner.
- Participate in broad IDG representation to clients and partners, as required in Washington DC or elsewhere to include active networking through RTI institutional memberships, attendance at work-related events, and promotion of RTI broadly in the international development community.
- Master’s Degree with 3 years of relevant work experience or bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience capturing and supporting the development of winning proposals for USAID.
- Previous experience in and working knowledge of the global health sector strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent an organization to external audiences.
- Strong coordination and collaboration skills with proven experience applied in international context.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex information to multiple audiences working in the international development.
- Excellent writing skills, including proposal writing skills, and ability to present information in an articulate and concise manner.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships and collaborate inclusively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must be able to manage a multitude of tasks simultaneously and prioritize as necessary.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work effectively under deadlines, both independently and as a team member.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce and/or SharePoint.
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods as needed.
- Proficiency in French preferred, other language proficiency (Spanish and/or Portuguese) a plus.
Pour postuler, veuillez cliquer sur ce lien : careers.rti.org.