RTI International recruits 04 Regional Malaria Specialist, USAID Senegal Integrated District Health.
RTI International’s Global Health Division is currently accepting applications for 4 Regional Malaria Specialists for an anticipated USAID-funded health systems project in Senegal in the regions of Sédhiou/ Kolda, Tambacounda, Kédougou, and Djourbel. The opportunity will focus on achieving sustainable improvement and effective utilization of the Senegalese healthcare system by addressing key causes of maternal and child morbidity and mortality, protecting communities from infectious diseases, and strengthening health systems. Another key objective of the project will be to strengthen the capacity for malaria prevention and treatment, as well as ownership of health at the community and household levels, while maintaining gains made at the health facility level in focus districts. RTI anticipates this activity will also seek to improve private sector engagement and surveillance and strengthen the existing linkages between community health services/ community-level leadership and facilities/District Health Teams to increase the ability to prevent, detect, and treat malaria in households.
The Regional Malaria Specialist will report both to the project’s Malaria Advisor to deliver malaria-related technical support to their assigned region and to the Regional HSS Coordinator, requiring travel throughout their region.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the Malaria Advisor and Regional HSS Coordinator, provide overall technical leadership and quality assurance for technical assistance and activities necessary to achieve objectives, outputs, services, and products expected under the Agreement.
- With the Malaria Advisor, supervise the implementation of integrated delivery and scale up of proven malaria interventions, particularly among vulnerable groups of pregnant women and children under 5 years of age, and other activities required within their assigned region.
- Provide technical support and oversight to activities related to seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) interventions, including planning activities and implementation in their assigned region, according to NMCP protocols.
- Provide technical support and oversight to activities to improve access to rapid diagnostic tests (RDTs) and quality artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs) at facility and community levels as well as ensure state-wide training and follow-up in the public and private sectors.
- Provide technical support and oversight to activities to ensure the provision of MIP services, including consistent delivery of intermittent preventive treatment in pregnancy (IPTp) – at ANC clinics. Collaborate with MOH Reproductive Health staff for implementation.
- Work with surveillance data and other health information for decision-making and coach internal project and external stakeholder teams to work with data.
- Provide technical oversight of the work undertaken by subcontractors and grantees in their assigned region.
- PhD or medical degree with additional relevant training in one or more of the following areas: public health, biological sciences, malariology, or parasitology and 1 year of experience, or a master’s degree with 6 years of experience working in the field of malaria prevention and control in Senegal.
- Strong background in malaria case management and iCCM.
- Demonstrated senior-level expertise in malaria prevention and control preferred, including experience with implementation and scale up of ITNs, ACTs, RDTs, IPTp and SMC.
- Experience supporting collaborating learning and adapting (CLA) and other monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities to improve technical project performance.
- Demonstrated capacity to build and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of local partners and stakeholders. Experience with capacity building of local partners considered desirable.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent French language ability and strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation communications skills.
Closing date : 5 June 2021.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com.