RTI International recruits 01 IT Specialist
RTI’s International Education division operates with the goal of supporting systemic change to improve learning outcomes. We use evidence-based approaches to strengthen education policy, management, and practice at every level—from classrooms to national ministries—to achieve measurable improvement in education quality.
RTI’s International Education division was just awarded a 5-year, $55M cooperative agreement from USAID/Senegal to improve girls’ and boys’ reading outcomes in kindergarten through second grade by increasing the capacity of the Senegalese education system through institutional support and targeted assistance in nine regions of Senegal. RELIS will work with Senegal’s Ministry of Education to expand bilingual reading instruction to three new local languages—Maninke, Soninke and Diola—through materials development, teacher training, building publisher capacity and strengthening education system management more broadly. The project will have approximately 65 staff based in Dakar and in the regions.
RTI is currently seeking applicants for the position of Information Technology Specialist.
Computer Network Management
- Ensure effective integration of project’s computer systems.
- Create and manage project data backup systems in all project offices.
- Implement security policies and manage computer security system (intrusion detection system, virus scan, firewall, updates, anti-spyware, anti-spam, Life Style, user control) on all project information networks (in Dakar and all regional offices.)
- Establish and ensure the classification of shared documents on the server for staff and project activities.
- Provide technical support to personal and project activities, assist with the use of technology equipment.
- Resolve issues on project computers, printers, fax machines, and copies. Resolve internet connectivity issues when possible.
- Assist and guide staff in the management and use of their RTI email account.
- Ensure the maintenance (software and hardware) of all computer equipment.
- Review the monthly updates on the Project Payments Tracker.
- Manage all Sonatel lines (fax, telephone, and internet.)
Management of Telecommunications Network
- Ensure the proper functioning of the communication system.
- Ensure the maintenance and repair of telecommunications equipment in cooperation with service providers.
- Keep track and ensure correction of Sonatel invoices.
- Analyze costs of bills, forward to Senior Financial Manager.
Management of Equipment and Consumables
- Maintain proper functioning of all computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Participate in the purchasing of computer and telecommunications equipment, in collaboration with the Procurement and Inventory Officer.
- Collect all needs for hardware in regional offices in coordination with the Dakar office.
- Conduct a physical and electronic filing of all documents related to the IT system.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology, with a minimum of 6 years of experience in support of IT.
- 3 years of experience as an IT Specialist on a USAID project.
- Knowledge of administrative and security organization of Senegal.
- Knowledge of security arrangements in local management offices.
- Proven capacity to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and set priorities.
- High level of personal and professional integrity, motivation to perform at one’s best.
- Proficiency in computer technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, team player, ability to maintain confidentiality and compliance.
- Strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Fluency in French.
Please send your application by sending your CV and cover letter.
Closing date : 30 April 2022.Postuler