RTI hires 01 Senior Technical Advisor (Senior Local Governance Specialist)
Localisation Dakar / Sénégal
Expiration 21 Juillet 2017
Description de l’offre
job title: Senior Technical Advisor (Senior Local Governance Specialist) _ Senegalese National
RTI’s Governance and Economic Development (GED) Division pursues innovative approaches and builds on best practices to create the foundation for and to promote democratic governance and economic development. Working alongside global partners, public institutions, the private sector, and civil society, we help build more effective, accountable, and responsive institutions and policies at the national, regional, and local levels of government.
RTI is currently seeking senior-level Senegalese national professionals with experience in governance for an USAID-funded project in Senegal. Senegal GOLD (Governance for Local Development) is a five-year program.
The project’s activities will contribute to the achievement of three sub-intermediate results under the Intermediate Result (IR) 3.2 of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy: “Responsive Democratic Governance Strengthened.” These three sub-intermediate results are:
1) citizen engagement in governance processes increased,
2) effective local governance strengthened, and 3) government transparency and accountability improved. The Activity will also contribute to strengthening health systems and health care technical services, WASH, food security, and education technical services.
Leads and manages all technical activities.
• Directly oversees Regional Coordinators, Senior Local Governance Specialist, Social Inclusion and Communication Specialist, and IT Specialist.
• Coordinates technical interventions with USAID program DCOPs and Technical Coordinators.
• Promotes and ensures synergies/integration among all Activity Results and ensures that cross-cutting priorities (including gender, youth, and PWD) are considered and integrated with each result.
• Manages the mobilization of necessary technical expertise from international, national, and local partners.
• Serves as Acting COP in COP’s absence.
• Reports to the COP.
• Master’s degree in social sciences, community development, communications, business, international development, and/or other related field with 12 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree in the same fields with 16 years of experience.
• At least 12 years of relevant experience in international development.
• Solid experience working in engagement of local elected, civil society and local administration actors in Senegal, capacity development, training, community organizing, policy advocacy, or other relevant fields is required.
• The Technical Coordinator must be able to demonstrate successful experience managing staff and projects in the area of civil society development, decentralization and local governance.
• Experience working well for a manager. In other words, can the Technical Coordinator work well with the manager and as a team player.
• An in-depth understanding of and ability to effectively function in the Senegalese political, cultural, and social landscape, as well as a proven track record of working effectively with host country governments at various levels.
• English and French oral, reading, and writing proficiency is required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are requested to send:
Their CV and Motivation letter to the following:
Coordonnées de l’offre
Send your CV and Motivation letter to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org