Deadline: 15 January 2020
The Righteous Persons Foundation (RPF) is accepting Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for its grant program to support efforts that build a vibrant, just, and inclusive Jewish community in the United States.
The Foundation is currently directing the majority of its resources towards organizations and projects that are national in scope and:
- Foster Jewish arts, culture, and identity
- To revitalize and illuminate Jewish identity today, RPF invests in projects that make the old new. That means digging into Judaism’s rich and varied history to expand and enrich the content being transmitted.
- Inspire a commitment to social justice
- To advance justice in America, RPF looks to help enable Jews to draw upon their deep commitment to activism and mobilize a “Jewish presence” on the key social and economic issues of time.
- Promote understanding between Jews and those of other faiths and backgrounds
- To ensure a more tolerant society, RPF supports those working as change-agents to promote tolerance through a broad range of methods.
- Invest in the next generation
- To engage the next generation on issues of Jewish identity, community, and meaning, RPF is interested in new pathways that bet on emerging, authentic, grassroots models; leverage new technologies; and invest in future leaders.
- Applications are only reviewed for organizations that have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status.
- If applicant’s project does not have tax-exempt status, they must submit an application through a 501(c)(3) organization serving as their fiscal sponsor.
They don’t Fund
Funding is generally not provided for the following:
- Direct aid to individuals
- Individual synagogues or day schools
- Conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Capital and/or building campaigns
- Scholarships and university programs
- Programs servicing individuals and communities outside of the United States with the exception of media projects with a focus on co-existence
- Fundraising events and/or mass mailings
- Endowment funds
- Support to cover an existing deficit
For more information, visit https://www.righteouspersons.org/letters-of-inquiry/