Ria Money Transfer is hiring a Legal Counsel
Ria Money Transfer is hiring a Legal CounselLawyer sought for busy in-house corporate legal department of Euronet Worldwide, Inc, a NASDAQ listed international financial services and payments processing company. The position will be within Euronet’s money transfer division (Ria) and is based in Dakar, Senegal. This role works closely with the Business Development team, leading and overseeing contract negotiations for the development and growth of our global network of banking and non-banking partners and provides commercial and regulatory legal advice to business groups. Some travel within Africa, Europe, and to the United States may be required.
- Draft, negotiate and edit complex financial services agreements with foreign entities, which include banks, financial institutions, post offices, large retailers and currency exchange companies.
- Develop productive relationships with internal stakeholders (Business Development, Operations, Finance, Compliance, Marketing) to ensure agreements align with overall company strategy, requirements, and policies.
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks facing the company and provide advice regarding managing legal risk to senior management.
- Develop and recommend company position on legal issues and provide analysis and advice to internal stakeholders on contractual and legal compliance issues, including matters of data privacy, regulatory, employment, disputes, and vendor management.
- Coordinate with foreign external counsel to understand local requirements and ensure compliance with such requirements.
- Play a key role in updating Ria Legal function operational processes, including creation of templates and involvement in roll out of legal processes.
- Actively licensed to practice law in Senegal and admission to the Senegalese Bar Association
- L.L.B. / Law Degree and/or L.L.M. from a university as required to be admitted to the Senegalese Bar Association (mandatory)
- L.L.B. / Law Degree or L.L.M. / Master’s Degree from a university located in another African country, an EU Member State, the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia or New Zealand (strongly preferred)
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French (mandatory)
- Adept at building successful relationships with internal/external customers
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to work under minimal supervision, handling multiple and changing priorities with accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled at identifying issues and offering solutions
- 5 to 7 years of legal experience (mandatory)
- Previous experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating international commercial contracts with sophisticated business customers (mandatory)
- Previous experience in an international in-house legal department and/or bank (strongly preferred)
- Previous experience in financial services, payment processing, and/or technology industry(ies) (strongly preferred)
- Previous experience advising on digital products and services (strongly preferred)
- Availability to travel 10-20% of the time (subject to lifting of any COVID-19 restrictions)
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter riafinancial.taleo.net.