Resist Grant: Supporting People’s Movements for Justice and Liberation in the U.S.
Deadline: 8 September 2018
Resist Foundation is seeking applications for its grant program to support people’s movements for justice and liberation.
The Foundation redistributes resources back to frontline communities at the forefront of change while amplifying their stories of building a better world.
Resist funds organizations that:
- Resist: Groups that organize, base build, engage in direct action and cultural organizing. Groups organize within communities for structural social and economic change. Groups develop tools for consciousness raising, including popular education and radical pedagogy development.
- Re-imagine: Groups that actively build new systems that provide alternatives to the ones they are fighting now. These groups live into transformative justice by creating community-based alternatives to dehumanizing or inaccessible institutions and systems. This work might look like: alternatives to policing, urban gardens, cooperative childcare, etc.
- Build Resilience: Groups that are creating through arts and cultural work and all forms of creative resilience building. Groups that are healing through sacred resistance, sustainability, ritual, bodywork, and other embodied healing for communities engaged in the work of liberation.
In order to be eligible organizations must:
- Have an organizational budget under $150,000 per year
- Be based in the United States
- be an organization with 501(c)3 status as determined by the IRS, be a federally recognized American Indian tribal government or agency, be sponsored by one, or contact us prior to applying.
Resist does not fund any of the following:
- social service or research projects
- legal defense costs or lawsuit projects not directly connected to a progressive organizing campaign
- material aid campaigns
- projects whose primary work is outside the United States
- capital campaigns, capital projects, or endowments
- organizations with access to traditional sources of funding
- other foundations or grant-giving organizations
- organizations with annual budgets over $150,000
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Country: United States
For more information, please visit Resist Foundation.