Request for Proposals: Supporting HIV/AIDS Prevention Care and Treatment Services (Uganda)
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is implementing a comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention care and treatment program in collaboration with Local Government structures, Faith Based Organizations, Community Based Organizations (CBO), Ministry of Health, Ministry of Gender Labour and Social Development and other partners in the districts of Buikwe, Buvuma, Kayunga and Mukono.
MUWRP seeks to engage qualified CBOs, to support implementation of the Core DREAMS package among vulnerable and at-risk Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW), in Kayunga district. The subgrantee will also be engaged to reach Adolescent Boys and Young Men (ABYM), with HIV and violence prevention especially in locations of high gender-based violence and violence against children.
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a not for profit research collaboration between Makerere University and the U.S. Military HV Research Program/Henry M Jackson Foundation established in 2002 for the express purpose of vaccine Research and development.
Interventions and Activities
- Major interventions and activities include:
- Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision
- Strengthening laboratory services delivery
- Supporting human resources for health (HRH) for improved services delivery
- Programs targeting GBV
- HIV/AIDS prevention programs targeting AGYW (DREAMS), youth in and out of School, Key and Priority Populations
- HIV/TB Care and Treatment Programs
- MUWRP hereby solicits proposals in response to this Request for Proposals (RFP). Applicants must strictly adhere to all the requirements of this RFP. No changes, substitutions or other alterations to the rules and provisions stipulated in this RFP may be made or assumed unless it is instructed or approved in writing by MUWRP in the form of additional information to the RFP.
- Submission of a proposal shall be deemed as an acknowledgement by the applicant that all obligations stipulated by this RFP have been met and, unless specified otherwise, the applicant has read, understood and agreed to all the instructions in this RFP.
- Any Proposal submitted will be regarded as an offer by the applicant but does not constitute or imply automatic acceptance by MUWRP. Applicants must be aware that the mere act of submission of Proposals in and of itself, implies that the applicant has accepted the Terms and Conditions in the solicitation document. MUWRP is under no obligation to award a contract to any applicant as a result of responding to this RFP.
- MUWRP implements a policy of zero tolerance on certain illegal practices like; fraud, corruption, collusion, unethical practices, and obstruction. MUWRP is committed to preventing, identifying and addressing all acts of fraud and corruption against its self as well as third parties involved in PEPFAR transactions.
- MUWRP requires any applicant responding to this RFP to display a professional, objective and impartial manner, and they must at all times hold MUWRP’s interest’s paramount. Any applicant found to have a Conflict of Interest shall face automatic disqualification.
- Any applicant and, or, their associates, shall be deemed to have a conflict of interest with one or more parties in the solicitation process, if they:
- Have in the past been associated, with any entity or any of its associates which have been engaged with MUWRP to provide services for the preparation, design, specifications, development of scope of work, cost analysis /estimation, and other documents to be used for the procurement of services in this application procedure.
- Note: Applicants are advised to seek for clarification on Conflict of Interest, from MUWRP. To emphasize the importance of conflict of interest MUWRP shall share a clarification with entities interested in applying for this RFP.
- Interested applicants must disclose in their proposal/application their knowledge of the following:
- All Applicants must adhere to the Code of Conduct for Recipients of MUWRP/PEPFAR Grants, a summary of which can be provided on request from MUWRP.
- All costs related to the preparation and/or submission of the application, regardless of whether its application is successful or not shall be the sole responsibility of the potential sub grantee. MUWRP shall under no circumstances be liable for those costs, regardless of the outcome of the selection procedure.
- The applicant will be required to mention details of key staff that will implement the activities including but not limited to those staff in leadership and governance structure, finance and administration, programs and M & E, procurement, quality assurance, compliance or audit etc. Confirmation should be made to MUWRP that personnel being nominated are in existence and the organization shall endeavour to keep their positions filled during the period of the grant. Substitution of persons and/or positions during the selection course shall be made only with MUWRP’s acceptance of the justification, and approval of the competences, of the replacement who may be of equal or superior credentials as the one being replaced. Potential SGs are strongly discouraged from direct copying of information from PEPFAR documents, Country concept notes or solicitation documents and are strongly encouraged to maintain originality of thoughts as they develop their RFPs.
For more information, visit MUWRP.