Request for Applications: Supporting Marginalized Women affected by Conflict
The Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking applications from women-led/women-focused national nongovernmental organizations working with marginalized women in Burkina Faso or Mali.
WfWI established the Conflict Response Fund (CRF) to provide small grants to local women’s organizations to address the critical needs of marginalized women in acute conflict situations in locations where we do not have a physical presence.
The overarching purpose of this RFA is to fund projects that improve household food security and/or enhance the protection of marginalized women impacted by conflict in Burkina Faso and Mali.
Therefore, projects proposed to WfWI should aim to achieve results around either or both of these two thematic areas of work: food security and/or protection. Priority will be given to applicants who can address both thematic areas of work in the same project and geographic location.
- The maximum amount of funding available per applicant under this RFA is $70,000. The budget must be prepared in USD and be based on activities described in the application.
- Duration: The implementation period should cover a period of 6-9 months, with an estimated start-date of September 1, 2023.
- Some illustrative examples of project outcomes could include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Improved household food security
- Improved agricultural practices and increased food production
- Enhanced access to fresh and nutritious food and improved dietary practices
- Increased resilience of crops to climate change and reduced vulnerability to food shortages
- Increased access to holistic services for survivors of sexual violence
- Improved psychosocial well-being and livelihood opportunities for survivors of sexual violence
- Increased community awareness of strategies to reduce violence against women.
- Through this RFA, WfWI encourages applicants to work with the most marginalized women impacted by the conflict. Target populations could include refugees, internally displaced persons, and women in their home communities with little access to education and income generating opportunities. The targeted women could, for example, fall into the following categories:
- Female headed households
- Women with low literacy levels
- Women living below the poverty line
- Women living with disability
- Women survivors of sexual and gender-based violence
- In order to receive funding under this RFA, an organization must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The vision, mission and values of the organization must be in alignment with of WfW;
- The organization must be a national non-governmental organization officially registered with the government in Burkina Faso or Mali; priority will be given to women-led/women-focused organizations;
- The organization must have been in existence and implementing programs related to women’s empowerment in Burkina Faso or Mali for more than two years and have experience in the thematic areas of food security and/or protection;
- The organization must be able to demonstrate that it has other sources of funding and is receiving support from the community in which it is working;
- The organization must have solid accountability, financial management, governance, and program implementation structures in place.
- Upon receipt of the completed application materials, WfWI will screen applications to assess conformity with the eligibility criteria described above, and will carry out further due diligence checks.
For more information, visit WfWI.