REACH recruits 01 Senior Assessment Officer for Haiti
CONTEXT AND OVERVIEW
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two International NGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise.
IMPACT Initiatives is a humanitarian NGO, based in Geneva, Switzerland. The organisation manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. The IMPACT team comprises specialists in data collection, management and analysis and GIS. IMPACT was launched at the initiative of ACTED, an international NGO whose headquarter is based in Paris and is present in thirty countries. The two organizations have a strong complementarity formalized in a global partnership, enabling IMPACT to benefit from ACTED’s operational support on its fields of intervention.
REACH in partnership with the World Bank is setting up a Haiti Emergency Cash Transfer Evaluation in Haiti. The objective of this project is to provide, in close collaboration with the World Bank and its project partners, an evaluation of the COVID-19 Emergency cash transfer program under the MDUR CERC project and draw lessons on the adequacy of such activities in responding to shocks.
We are currently looking for a REACH Senior Assessment Officer to support our REACH Haiti team.
Title: Senior Assessment Officer
Location: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Contract duration: 6 months
Start date: ASAP
Based in Prot-au-Prince, the Senior Assessment Officer is expected to take the lead on project management in country and technical implementation of this project. Technical responsibilities revolve around the oversight of the research design and the supports of quantitative and qualitative analysis as well as the drafting of all research outputs. The Senior Assessment Officer will manage a team comprised of a Junior Assessment Officer, a Data Base Officer, a GIS Officer as well as a Field Coordinator. This position also requires external engagement with partners of the project, including WFP, the World Bank, the IDB. Furthermore, the Senior Assessment Officer will be expected to represent REACH in coordination mechanisms and with local partners such as OCHA and other UN-Agencies.
The technical backstopping and support is provided by the IMPACT Geneva HQ team, while management support is provided by the Regional Coordinator, who is based in Bogota, Colombia, as well as the ACTED Country Director in Haiti. Past experience in managing projects and setting up assessments is essential. Fluency in French and English is required, along with quantitative analysis skills, and effective coordination and communication skills.
Under the functional supervision of the REACH LAC Coordinator based in Colombia, and IMPACT HQ in Geneva, the REACH Senior Assessment Officer is responsible for technical coordination as well as the project implementation of the REACH/World Bank Haiti Emergency Cash Transfer Evaluation in Haiti.
He/she is also responsible for related logistics, partner coordination, and reporting and finance requirements.
In his/her mission, the Senior Assessment Officer will be hosted by ACTED and will fall under the responsibility of ACTED’s Country Director and his/her delegates. S/he and will fully abide to ACTED’s Security, HR, Administration and Logistics rules and regulations.
The Senior Assessment Officer is responsible for:
· Providing technical inputs into the design and implementation of research and assessments.
· Overseeing that assessments are planned and implemented in a structured and coherent manner, in line with project and program objectives and with research cycle and other relevant guidelines
· Approval of research TORs by management (including Geneva HQ), making sure these are also understood and used by assessment staff and stakeholders, and updated as required.
· Ensuring the timely and high-quality implementation of data collection, including coordinating with WFP to align REACH data collection with WFP’s activity planning.
· Leading complex quantitative analyses across research cycles, as well as providing technical input, guidance, and review of data analysis.
· Management of a small local assessment team, including an international Junior Assessment Officer.
· Overseeing the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports and factsheets, which comply with HQ guidelines.
· Assuring the implementation of workplans and deadlines.
· Ensuring the quality of all research products. This involves reviewing all products prior to Geneva review, with final accountability for presentation, quality, and content.
· Supporting the development/revision of assessment / program strategies, reports, or new proposals.
· External representation with partners.
· Other tasks falling within his/her functions as requested by supervisors.
The Senior Assessment Officer will maintain the strictest confidentiality on all data collected and related processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of any information and data belonging to or collected during his/her assignment.
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Masters degree in development economics, or another relevant discipline
- At least 2 year of relevant working experience in monitoring and evaluation projects
- Prior field research experience required
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Past experience in Latin America and the Caribbean region is desirable
- Fluency in English and French is required (Spanish is a plus)
- Ability to operation Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management Software
- Advanced skills in SPSS and/or R, STATA or other statistical analysis software an advantage
- Ability to multitask with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and manage people remotely
- Ability to operate in a complex and challenging security environment
- Familiarity with the aid system and understanding of donor and governmental requirements
- Salary defined by the IMPACT salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
Kindly submit to the following link: REACH Senior Assessment Officer | Impact (impact-initiatives.org)
In case you encounter challenges using the application form, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org