Deadline: May 15, 2017
Applications are open for the Rave Scholarships. The scholarships support further practical training for young curators, restorers, museum technicians and cultural managers from countries in transition and developing countries who have arranged a guest period, a practical training or non-paid work at a museum, at a non-commercial gallery or at a non-commercial cultural institution in Germany.
The Rave Foundation is an independent charitable foundation administered by the ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen). Ifa is a mediating organization for German foreign cultural policy.
The Rave Scholarship is a working scholarship and requires the holder’s presence. It includes the following payments:
- a monthly lump sum of 1,300 € for a scholarship period of three to six months
- travelling expenses (to and from Germany)
- health insurance
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants
- who come from a transformation or developing country and are still living there,
- who did not have the opportunity yet to come for a longer stay or did not have further training or working stay in Germany,
- who finished their professional training not longer than five years ago and are not yet over 40. Those still studying or training at the time of application will not be considered for selection,
- who have found a non-commercial partner institution in Germany that has agreed to take care of them or agreed to a joint project,
- who can provide a positive statement from their own country (reference),
- Knowledge of one of the three languages German, English or French is a requirement.
The application should be accompanied by
- a fully completed application form,
- a CV (3 pages max.), including educational qualifications,
- a project sketch (1 page) developed together with the German institution – informing about tasks and responsibilities of the planned visit to Germany,
- consent form a non-commercial German institution to care for the applicant during the scholarship period in Germany,
- a letter of reference from the home country,
- an abridged report (1 page max.) on the current art scene in the home country
- a letter of motivation (1 page max.)
Applications are submitted by e-mail or mail to
c/o Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen
For more information, visit Rave Scholarships.