Programme des Nations Unies pour l’environnement recruits 01 Change and Knowledge Management Consultant
Programme des Nations Unies pour l’environnement
Vacance de poste
Intitulé publication : Change and Knowledge Management Consultant
Département / Bureau : Programme des Nations Unies pour l’environnement
Lieu d’affectation : NAIROBI
Période de candidature : 10 novembre 2021
No de l’appel á candidature : 21-United Nations Environment Programme-167071-Consultant
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l’ONU : intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Result of Service
-Knowledge and capacity building in Corporate Services Division
-Change Management for Divisional workplans UNEP Wide.
– Strategic Initiatives for workforce levels mapping of FMOs/Admin Officers
12 months contract
Duties and Responsibilities
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. This position is located in UNEP’s, Corporate Services Division at the Nairobi duty station.
UNEP’s Corporate Services Division is the guardian of UNEP’s corporate interest, mitigating its exposure to risk and supporting the organization with management tools, plans and related capacity building. It oversees UNEP’s efficient and effective management, in line with UNEP’s accountability requirements, rules, regulations and UN core values.
In line with this mandate, the Corporate Services Division (CSD) is responsible for:
1) Developing and implementing custom Organizational Development and Change Management interventions to support business leaders in Corporate Services.
2) The Corporate Academy, a digital learning platform, which creates scope for capacity building, establishing best practices, defining the role of Corporate Services, improving transparency, accountability, risk mitigation and credibility.
3) Essential financial and governance guidance and support to UNEP in the implementation of its mandate to lead the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations System.
4) Building knowledge and capacity for personnel involved in administrative, internal control and risk management and financial responsibilities based on entity or Secretariat sponsored change initiatives and requirements…
5) Operational Excellence Initiatives as agreed by the Senior Management Team of UNEP
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director, the Administrative Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Plan, facilitate and coordinate the implementation of Change Management projects for CSD Division, processes and/or activities to ensure project timelines are met in accordance with approved change plans and specifications linked to deliverables indicated in the SMT or Divisional workplan.
2. Work with stakeholders on the transformation projects are designed, consulted, communicated and implemented according to best practices in change management within the Division and across the organization as needed.
3. Work with key senior leaders (Divisions and Executive Office) to identify change management issues and facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects to prepare and support organizational change, whether at the organization-wide level or on a specific topical issue.
4. Lead task forces and cross functional teams to solicit input, content and resources to support transformation exercises, leadership initiatives and other staff wellbeing initiatives agreed by senior UNEP leadership
5. Initiate surveys and design of data collection tools; issues data collection tools, reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions.
6. Develop Communication Plans to support successful Introduction of various Change Initiatives
Knowledge and Capacity Building:
7. Collaborate with the training lead in CSD on the digital learning platform, engage in completion of key course deliverables for FMO component of the platform.
8. Promote the use of e-Learning and knowledge management platforms for developing and delivering on-line training programmes.
9. Initiate and perform outreach activities; prepare related communication materials and make presentations on assigned training topics/activities.
10. Develop content for the induction training platform. This includes but is not limited to development of new short-form content/resources, i.e. interviews, tips, FAQs, video clips and populating the Induction platform with appropriate new and existing content.
11. Develop a strategic roadmap for workforce levels mapping of FMOs/Administrative Officers that will inform and support the consistency of job titles, roles and levels in UNEP including MEAs.
12. Conduct overall Organizational Excellence initiatives such as contribute to the review and simplification of work processes within CSD and as needed with initiatives led by The Executive Office.
Academic Qualifications: An advanced degree preferably in Social Sciences, Economics, Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, or other related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience: A minimum of seven years of progressivelyExperience: A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible professional experience in administration, management, human resources management or related field is required.
A minimum of two years of responsible professional experience in change management, project management or related area is required.
Experience with large scale implementation of organizational change initiatives or major business transformation projects is required. Experience in preparing written outputs including background papers, analytical notes, reports etc. is desirable.
Experience in the use and implementation of online training tools is desirable.
Experience in the UN system or comparable international organizations is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.