Practical Action recruits 01 West Africa Climate Resilience Project Manager
About the role
This is a new and exciting role for Practical Action based in Senegal to support the delivery of our strategic business plan in the area of Climate and Resilience in West Africa. The job will consist of four main components:
- Project manage the delivery of activities in Senegal under Practical Action’s global programme on Flood Resilience, funded by the Zurich Foundation and being implemented across five countries in Africa, S.E. Asia and Latin America (30% of the role)
- Deliver as expert advisor on consultancies in at least one of the following areas: climate resilience, agriculture, inclusive market systems (30% of the role)
- Drive our business development in the area of climate and resilience and contribute within regional and global teams on business development in areas of inclusive agriculture market systems and energy access (30% of the role)
- Represent West Africa in the Practical Action Climate and Resilience and Agriculture global change hub and contribute to thought leadership across the organization (10% of the role)
We are looking for a competent Project Manager with a strong interest and expertise in climate change and resilience. You will have demonstrated experience in project management, including managing staff on the ground and budgets with a sound knowledge and experience in the international climate and flood resilience sector relating to climate risk management, rural economics and/or agricultural market systems. Fluency in written and spoken French and professional proficiency in English are essential. Ideally you will also have knowledge and experience of one or more of the following: agriculture business and subsistence sectors in West Africa; private sector engagement, social impact assessment and participatory methods and a background in research and/or consulting.
Why join us?
The opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues, work life balance and flexible working – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
We are an international development organisation putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
We’re a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine these specialisms to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
- Please note that should we recruit a suitable candidate before the closing date, we will close applications earlier than the specified date.
- We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
- Practical Action is committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal checks and terrorist financing.
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV with subject line “Climate Resilience Project Manager Application”.
Closing date for applications: 9th December 2020.
Interviews will take place between the 14th and 18th December 2020.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à WestAfricaRecruitment@practicalaction.or.ke