Poynter Leadership Academy for
Women in Digital Media 2018
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Applications are invited for the Poynter Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media 2018. This transformative program, open to 28 participants, focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to rise to the highest levels of digital media leadership. Sessions will cover how to develop effective management styles, handle difficult situations, manage burnout, master negotiation tactics and build collaborative teams.
Now in its fourth year, the Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media is returning to Poynter’s campus in St. Petersburg, Florida, the week of March 18-23, 2018.
As in past years, the program will be structured to encourage open, candid discussion and mentoring. Participants will walk away with strong leadership skills and a built-in support system of peers. All attendees will receive one-on-one coaching during and after the program, and create personal leadership strategies designed to take their careers to the next level.
Poynter will select a group of 28 women working in digital media that represent need and diversity across race, geography, technology platforms, organization size and skill sets. Because of the small size of the class, the selection committee will give preference to women leaders currently working in digital media who can demonstrate an aptitude and potential for leadership through current projects and references.
- Tuition for the academy is free, thanks to the generous support of the McClatchy Foundation as well as funding from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Newmark Philanthropies;
- Participants will cover their own travel and accommodation costs. However, a limited number of travel stipends are available and will be determined once the application process is completed.
- Open to women working in the digital space with leadership responsibilities or demonstrated leadership potential;
- Applicants can be from any country across the globe.
- Complete the online application here;
- Application requirements include previous work history, an example of a digital project the applicant has worked on, a short bio, a reference letter, and a photo of yourself;
- The application deadline is at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Thursday, November 30, 2017
For more information, see FAQ or visit Poynter Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media.