Population council recruits 01 Program Officer
This position is based in the Population Council Senegal office. The Program Officer shall report to the Country Representative, and will provide focused technical assistance to Council’s efforts funded by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation to expand access to quality reproductive health and family planning services in the Francophone West African region as well to any other emerging opportunities in Senegal.
- Collaborate with Council colleagues and local partners in the development of technical proposals and on the implementation research studies;
- Collaborate with Council colleagues on expanding research activities in Senegal, particularly in the area of social and behavioral science research including : sexual health and reproductive health access and choice, accelerating gender equality and equity, building resilient communities to adapt and mitigate climate change;
- Contribute to fund raising activities for the office;
- Contribute to the use of project results and innovations for program improvement and policy change, including through reports, policy briefs, project summaries, presentations, organization of dissemination events, updating online resources, and publishing articles;
- Provide assistance in the Council’s development and resource mobilization efforts for research and programs;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at national and regional levels;
- Contribute to the development of research capacity of national and regional counterparts;
- Assist the Country Representative with financial and administrative duties
As part of the One Council philosophy, the Program Officer will be expected to:
- Support colleagues in delivering the Council’s objectives, including assisting in events and initiatives that fall outside the direct responsibilities of this post;
- Represent the Council at meetings, functions and events, some of which may occur outside normal office hours, weekends and may involve long distance travel;
- Share information and make connections among partners and colleagues to further program goals;
- Contribute to the development of a supportive and collaborative work environment through active participation in internal collaboration, teams and activities;
- Perform any other reasonable duties and tasks as requested by immediate supervisors and the organization.
- Graduate degree in public health, demography, or social sciences related field, with at least 3 years of experience in monitoring, evaluation, and research;
- Demonstrated technical expertise in research methodologies (qualitative and quantitative, sampling techniques) as well as data collection and analysis;
- Proven research coordination and management skills are essential;
- Experience in the design and implementation of research in reproductive health and family planning in Senegal or elsewhere in the Francophone West African region;
- Experience working with the government and other local partners in Senegal or elsewhere in the Francophone West African region;
- Working knowledge of at least one statistical analysis package;
- Fluency in French, with strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to write briefs, draft reports and make presentations. English language skills would be a plus;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple and varied tasks concomitantly and on a timely basis;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, teamwork and organizational skills;
- Competency in the areas of finance and administration would be an added value.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range between 24,111,600 FCFA and 26,701,400 FCFA annually, depending on knowledge, skills, and experience. Excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance available immediately upon hire; retirement plan with employer contribution equal to 15% of monthly salary after one year of employment; generous annual and sick leave; and paid parental leave. Competitive packages provided for locations outside of the US. We strive to provide an environment of professional growth and development.
Submission and Deadline
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Applicants must be authorized to work in Senegal. Please attach your CV and Cover Letter in Word or PDF format, addressed to The Country Representative Population Council Senegal, Dakar, Senegal, and submit your application to: email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, with reference PCSENDECPO. You may also apply via the Population Council website using the following link: http://www.popcouncil.org/employment/index.asp.
Applications are due no later than 13 December, 2021.Postuler